Now This Is A Desk

Absolutely fascinating. Have to wonder how many man hours went into making it. Those hidden compartments were for security. Today the bad guys would just go after it with crow bars and sledge hammers.

Well I got a few thoughts on this one.

First I am finding that hiding something away even one thing like a set of car keys or the keys to my drinks cabinet when I go away has me wondering where I put them when I get back. So I would end up opening every nook and cranny in that thing to find what I had hidden.

Then I was thinking you got to have one heck of a load of different items you wish to keep from prying eyes to warrant commissioning that unit.

Then I thought were I a thief with an inkling of what the unit was about why waste time trying to find the hidden draw...hook up the whole thing and take it away or smash it with a huge hammer. :)

The piece is amazing but I also would not like to think of what happens when it needs "servicing" as a cable or something stretches or a sprocket or gear rusts and gets sticky. Them were not the days of silicon spray etc.

First I am finding that hiding something away even one thing like a set of car keys or the keys to my drinks cabinet when I go away has me wondering where I put them when I get back. So I would end up opening every nook and cranny in that thing to find what I had hidden.

Then I was thinking you got to have one heck of a load of different items you wish to keep from prying eyes to warrant commissioning that unit.

Then I thought were I a thief with an inkling of what the unit was about why waste time trying to find the hidden draw...hook up the whole thing and take it away or smash it with a huge hammer. :)

The piece is amazing but I also would not like to think of what happens when it needs "servicing" as a cable or something stretches or a sprocket or gear rusts and gets sticky. Them were not the days of silicon spray etc.

My thoughts exactly.... my desk has two drawers and two overhead storage cabinets and I can't keep track of where I put what.

Rob, you think that one would be hard to figure out - check out this one: http://www.kagenschaefer.com/pipeorgandesk.html
Now you have to remember the song to play as well :rofl: