Going to Make Some Sawdust again.

Karl Laustrup

Well, after almost two years of not being able to do any WW'ing I've spent about three days cleaning my garage/shop so I can make some sawdust.

I will now finish two flag cases that I started over 2 years ago. One is for my brother and the other will be for my flag when that day comes.

I think I'll then begin the process of making several drawers for my two work benches. Never done drawers before, but I think I can do it.

I'll give updates as I go along with some pictures too.

Attaboy Karl! Enjoy your time in the shop. Make sure to post some pics of the flag cases, I've got a few I need to make as well.

Well, here's what the shop looks like cleaned up and mostly workable.
IMG_2484.jpgIMG_2485.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the flag cases I'm hoping to finish up in the next week or so.
First is cherry harvested from my property. I think I'll keep this one for my flag.
IMG_2479.jpgIMG_2480.jpg

Here's the second one that I'll send to my brother for his flag. It's Paduak IIRC. Sorry it's a little dark.
IMG_2481.jpgIMG_2483.jpg

I'll post a couple more pics after I finish these two cases.

P.S. OOPS. That first pic in the second set of the flag cases is cherry also. Didn't look at it closely before I posted.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
with all those tools laying on their sides, it's going to be awkward don't you think...:rofl::rofl:

Glad to see you're getting back into the shop... I would hate it if I couldn't go out to mine everyday... as I tell most people at the markets I do.... "it's what keeps me out of the bars and off the highway"... :D

Good luck and happy woodworking.