New Saw ...New Forum

Mark Singer

Here is my new saw...it is safer...then my Powermatic, but cannot be used for slicing salami...hot dogs...or other meats...It does seem to work well on wood. and we have a meat slicer in the kitchen so I think I made the right decision:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 40
but cannot be used for slicing salami...hot dogs...or other meats...It does seem to work well on wood. and we have a meat slicer in the kitchen so I think I made the right decision:rolleyes:
I like your observation about meat cutting. :rolleyes: And, I too, think that you chose a great saw Mark. I used one last week and what I really liked about it was the riving knife. But, I could care less about the safety feature for which it is named.

Last edited:
Mark,

Congrats on the new saw. I'd be interested to hear how it performs over time...accuracy, power, etc. Hopefully you'll update us once you have a few hundred board feet through it.

- Marty -

Congrats on a great saw, Mark. Dunno how I'm going to afford one, but someday I hope to have a SawStop of my own. It's the one woodworking tool that LOML really wants me to own.

Congrats on a great saw, Mark. Dunno how I'm going to afford one, but someday I hope to have a SawStop of my own. It's the one woodworking tool that LOML really wants me to own.

Vaughn, Most saws can't distinguish between fingers and wood...this one can't distinguish between fingers and hot dogs:rolleyes: Well it does have some nice features and unlike a euro slider ...it fits in my shop:D

Mark,

Good for you, good for your son.

I am guessing here, but over 10,000 feet through ours

same as it came out of the packing crate.

Vaughn,

Put up a couple of those outstanding boards you've made

for sale at artistian pricing, you will have a saw in no time.

Per

Great looking saw,, are those crank handles as big as they seem to be in the pictures? They make my Delta handles look like a toy cranks.

hi mark, cool new saw. really glad you decided to come say hi! hope you`ll stick around......i for one miss yackin` with ya` tod

Mark,
Go figure. I thought you would buy one of those slick Italian jobs to match your J/P. However that is a nice looking saw. If I am ever in the market for a second saw that would be my choice. Have fun and be safe... Oh yea the saw does that part for you....

Greg H

.... The website says "coming soon" I was wondering if they had a prototype out there at the shows
The factory rep who did a recent demo said that the contractor saw wasn't scheduled until early next year, but may be delayed since they are running full capacity producing the original machine.