Don't Think This is Gonna Buff Out

Dang you are a task master, making your 83 year old dad still work!...

He's tried to "retire" a few times, but it just doesn't stick. He loves his work and I'm convinced that's what keeps him alive. He's fortunate to work for an engineering firm that lets him set his own hours, and he only goes into the office (or out to jobsites) when there's useful work for him to do. The company appreciates having him around to educate all the whippersnapper engineers working there. He's a walking encyclopedia of soils engineering, especially concerning the materials found in this part of the country. This is the first year in over 50 that he didn't renew his Professional Engineer license, so he is dialing things back a bit.

...Hmm, what kind of convertible will he get now.... :rofl:

Probably not going to get another car. He's already got a Mercury land yacht...the Mustang was his "picking up the chicks" car. :D

Just put a little club soda on that and it will come right out.

That's priceless! I'll pass your suggestion along. It should get a good laugh. :rofl:

Years ago I was driving our 1 ton ford crew cab and looked down and saw flames coming out from under the dash, basically right in my lap. I stopped the truck and grabbed the fire extinguisher (yes, I have one in ALL my vehicles), and put out the fire before it did more than minor damage. But scared me so bad I almost didn't need the fire extinguisher!:eek:

Well, I was wrong...apparently it DID buff out. Got this photo from my sister today. Dad traded in the Mercury land yacht and picked up another little two-door:

DORPRZ%20Replacement%20800.jpg

He's mellowing in his old age. Went for the fastback instead of the convertible. :D