Well not exactly new

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
But our local Ace hardware closed this week. I had stopped to get something else and noticed these on their 50% off the red tag price table.
2013-06-29 14.12.38.jpg

I hadn't thrown out my Dewalt 12 volt yet. Not sure if the $32 (for both) was still worth spending, but I always liked this drill, has much more torque than my newer ones, so I hopefully will get another year or so out of it.
2013-06-29 14.14.13.jpg

Definitely worth a shot. I picked up some 9.6v batts and a charger on clearance for an old DeWalt that I really liked. Between those extra batts and a rebuild of two more (back when the low cost really made sense), I got another couple of years out of it. Besides, after milking that much borrowed time out of an older tool, I felt better buying a new one later on ;-)

Wish I could find a deal like that for my 14.4V. The batteries are dying again. I'm on my second set since I bought it several years ago. The decision becomes, with the price of batteries, do I replace them or buy a new drill with the Lithium batteries. I have heard so much about how much better the lithium are. Shopping the internet I ran across a littler 12V lithium battery one on sale. I don't do heavy construction type stuff often, mainly use it in my woodworking in the shop so I thought, try it. I love this little guy. For my work, it is perfect. Smaller, lighter, gets into places to drill or put screws in I never could before. More than adequate power. Now if the batteries live up to their reputation, I will be one happy camper. I wish they would come up with an adapter to put the lithium batteries on the older ones. Seems to me it should be possible. I still am faced with what to do with the bigger drill.

You got a good deal, I'm sure you won't be sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: