here we go again

Chuck Thoits

Customer ordered 2 new bathroom vanities from the kitchen place. When she found out that it was going to take 6 weeks to get them she asked for a faster solution. So we gave her one.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
First and second pic is the parts for the long one.
Third pic is the jig for letting in the styles.
Fourth pic is the Blummotion hardware behind that window for my living room.
Fifth pic the cut all made you can see my high teck stop guides on the jig.
Sixth my shaper yes it is smaller and takes up less space than most router tables. But at least it has way more power and way better lift than most router tables too.
Seventh pic parts all cut for the long cab.
Eighth pic my version of skechup.
Last pic the pocket hole jig set up ready to do some drilling.
Oh and sorry about the tinny pics I seem to have caught a case of the Jim's tiny pic itis

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0032.JPG
    tn_IMG_0032.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 63
  • tn_IMG_0033.JPG
    tn_IMG_0033.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 47
  • tn_IMG_0034.JPG
    tn_IMG_0034.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 43
  • tn_IMG_0035.JPG
    tn_IMG_0035.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 35
  • tn_IMG_0036.JPG
    tn_IMG_0036.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 33
  • tn_IMG_0037.JPG
    tn_IMG_0037.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 34
  • tn_IMG_0038.JPG
    tn_IMG_0038.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 31
  • tn_IMG_0039.JPG
    tn_IMG_0039.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 31
  • tn_IMG_0040.JPG
    tn_IMG_0040.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
First pic face frame all drilled
Second all the cross members cut
Third all screwed up
Fourth really all screwed up these are the 3 yes count them 3 attempts at making the top and bottom rail for the 48" cab first time I used the wrong set back measurement. Second time I laid it out from the wrong end. And the third time is a charm
Another shout you can see how far off I was the bottom one is the keeper.
Last pic the 48' one all together.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0042.JPG
    tn_IMG_0042.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 31
  • tn_IMG_0041.JPG
    tn_IMG_0041.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 39
  • tn_IMG_0043.JPG
    tn_IMG_0043.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 29
  • tn_IMG_0044.JPG
    tn_IMG_0044.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 23
  • tn_IMG_0045.JPG
    tn_IMG_0045.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 24
  • tn_IMG_0046.JPG
    tn_IMG_0046.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Chuck, I noticed all of your images are prefixed with "tn_". Did you perhaps attach thumbnails rather than the actual pics?

Looks good from what I can see too. :wave:

Chuck, I noticed all of your images are prefixed with "tn_". Did you perhaps attach thumbnails rather than the actual pics?

Looks good from what I can see too. :wave:
Yes Darren that is exactly what I did. Larry has already told me I don't have to do the resize thing any more.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Ahh, yes Chuck. I know of the "3rd TIMES A CHARM" way of operating. ;):doh:

Is that face frame really 48' [feet]. :rolleyes: :huh: Those small pics are really deceiving.

Just joshin'. Looking good so far. :lurk:

Some more progress
First is the style and rail piles I tape them together to cut them.
Second tenon cut I did these on the TS
Third the set up for the tenon
Fourth the face frame ready for paint
Fifth panels all cut for some strange reason I cut four each for door pairs 3,6,and 9
Sixth the help is all used up.
Seventh I decided that I was going to try something new and finish screw the styles and rail together instead of dowel them.
Eight yup them all fit time to paint.
Last is the tub panel frame once it drys I'll make the panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Neat. Chuck do you trim the doors to fit when you insert them into the frame? Thanks for fixing the pic issue now they nice size to be able to see your work. What you doing to the help seems you wear them out all the time. :)

Neat. Chuck do you trim the doors to fit when you insert them into the frame? Thanks for fixing the pic issue now they nice size to be able to see your work. What you doing to the help seems you wear them out all the time. :)

I only trim them if they need to be. The theory is to make the face frame than make doors that fit. Now as we all know sometimes theory and real world are not the same thing.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
I am not sure about the help Rob can't seem to get them to do much but lay on the floor in the way.:thumb: Well not really in the way when you spend most of your time stepping over yellow dog you get used to it and some times even step over one that's not even there.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The only time it becomes a problem is when the said yellow dog decides to move just as you step over it.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

I have come to the conclusion that if I am to keep making these I need a bigger shop and it needs to have AC.

Day before yesterday I finished up the white painting. Yesterday I started sanding up the drawers. Got them all rough sanded (80 grit) and it was still to early to paint (have to wait until the shop shades the paint booth) so I started assembling the boxes. First one I pick up I realize it is supposed to have a finished end (bad words where said) Pull all the white back out and spray the first and second coat. Swap paint and spray the top coat. Not wanting to have to make a 10 oz batch for 3 oz's I just did the splash of this and a splash of that method. Got that all done realized I needed base for this grabbed a board swapped back to primer sprayed it then swapped back to top coat and got them both done. So today I go out to assemble that box with the finished end only to realize that I had painted the wrong end.:bang::bang::bang: So now that the paint booth is in the shade I'm off to paint the right end this time. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to spraying the drawers.:doh::doh: