FRIDAY!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Worked yesterday, 4th or not. In addition to visits and other duties, it was my honor to offer the invocation at the park's potluck last night. Good eats. No smoked shrimp boats or ABT's but hey! No smoker yet. Took deviled eggs instead. They disappeared in a flash. They always do. Today is my day off! Working in the Putter Palace this morning. Shouldn't hit 100º until noon today. On the to-do board is putting up outlets and running some wire. Nap this afternoon. Yea! And of course I work weekends. LOL! Barely breaking dawn. Gotta go play.

I forgot to take today off from work...so I'm doing the work of 3 today...at least it's slow do to the holiday. Had my parents and my MIL over last night for brats, potato salad and beans. Then to fireworks. Tonight we go to some friends for more of the same, sans the kid. She is getting an early bday present of a spend over at grandma's house! Saturday I'm cutting up a bunch of maple I grabbed from the curb this week along with some walnut I grabbed a few months ago...hope to relax the rest of the weekend.

Carol, I too plan to nap this afternoon...there's room under my desk! :rolleyes:

Looks like I might be un-installing my Jet TS today. I had emailed everyone in our woodworking group about selling it and one of the men is interested. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on ordering a G0690 and Incra LS52-TS, so now I need to make room!

Saturday will be a little shop cleaning and organization. Also might be able to get a little work done on a nightstand I started last year! Then, of course, there's the Daytona race Saturday night.

Sunday will be a day to let these old bones rest up!

Why do I need rest??? Here's what I did on the 4th:
Smokin20130704a.jpgSmokin20130704b.jpg

Last edited:
Well this weekend i got a BBQ to go to and i plan on making Brets ABTs for my friends to try out. If they dont eat them i will :)
Then i got catch up to do on all sorts of projects and sort out trailer from last weeks jaunt into NY state.

Also got a woodworking project to get done, have to build a bed before end of July so might be taking a few more days off to get er done. Need to finish a few other shop projects before i can do the bed though. Need power. So that Generator enclosure has to get completed first. Its just been raining so much here and i cannot work in the garage there is just no space. :( . This spring sure was a wet one and way summer has started i am thinking our climate is leaning towards rain forest of the north not great white north. :)

After spending the past week emptying a storage locker and a shed, and then going through mountains of stuff we've had stored, the next step is the yard sale to try to get rid of a bunch of it. That's happening Saturday, and if need be, Sunday as well.

Shop-wise, I've got three lathe pieces in progress that I intend to finish up in the next few days. I also need to finish stripping/sanding my guitar project so I can get it shipped off to Dave to let him work his magic. Need to get all this finished up in the next few days, because next week is my last one in LA for a while, and I need to shove all the woodworking machines together to make room for the mountains of stuff that aren't getting sold/given away/tossed this weekend.

Right now working on a small but much needed project. Making a storage case for my Wicked Edge Knife sharpening system.

Then I'm planning on redoing my router table a bit and making the doors for the entertainment center, as well as redoing the arch for the top.

It's fun having a shop I can just go out and work in, without having to rearrange the debris just to get productive. Thanks BW participants for providing the motivation I needed to get it organized!

Most of my WW'ing done for the day. Had to cut a couple more pieces for the flag cases, sand them really good and put a first coat of tongue oil on part of them. Also, I had to repair one of my lamps that I made in 2004. The base detached, so I had to sand the base and re-glue. Then I used some brads to make sure it holds together this time. I also got the second coat of tongue oil on the base this morning. Amazing how much the cherry has darkened over the last 9 years. One more coat of tongue oil and then 3 or 4 coats of hand rubbed wax.

Tomorrow will be much of the same in the hopes I will soon see the finish of these projects.

Have a good weekend.

oh, its Friday? thanx.

retirement is killing me. too much free time. I try to do so much stuff, my back is always hurting.

I built a childs Adirondack chair, from 2 boards at start, to finish, in one hour 55 minutes yesterday, its drying presently.

getting very bored, just don't want to start the cabinets just yet.

Looking forward to our daughter Kim visiting with us this weekend. Will be picking her up at the local bus depot at midnight tonight. Haven't been sleeping well of late, so that won't be a problem.;) We'll be visiting the seacoast with her so the girls can shop. We'll also visit our favorite lake: Lake Winnipesaukee at Wolfeboro, NH.
Continuing to rearrange the shop to accommodate the new HFDC. Much to do, much fun doing it! :thumb:

I have another exterior door I need to get built and installed for a client. I also need to figure out what to do with the other drill press and get the crank fixed for raising and lowering the table on the new/used one.

Brewed up a batch of Berliner Weisse beer this morning. Its my "brew in the heat of summer" beer because a) it likes to be fermented at 80-90F and b) its a great light lawnmower beer (a little sour/tart, low abv, refreshingly light). Cleaned up the garage some yesterday in prep for that - so the shop is mostly cleaned up as well which is nice. Visiting with some family tonight/tomorrow not sure on sunday yet.. Might get back to the "not a bench" project after a ?4? month hiatus.

It's fun having a shop I can just go out and work in, without having to rearrange the debris just to get productive. Thanks BW participants for providing the motivation I needed to get it organized!

Nothing like the fear of visitors to make you clean stuff up. I try to encourage LOML that we should have one party/year at our house just so we really clean it up occasionally.

I also need to figure out what to do with the other drill press and get the crank fixed for raising and lowering the table on the new/used one.

Add a cross slide vise and keep it next to big brother. When I got the 18-900L a couple years ago I said I'd ditch the old Jet 17F, buuuut.. having two drill presses is very convenient (little hard on the space but convenient).

Had a good time meeting up with Al Launier this morning for coffee and donuts. Had a better time sitting in his shop comparing aches and pains, and complaining about and trying to solve the worlds problems :D

Took the weekend off to relax a bit after the procedure on my back Wednesday. Straightening up the shop and working on the flag case.

I bought the Ibox jig and the freud blade set a month ago and it's still sitting unopened. Will have to break it out on Sunday to make a box for my daughter.

Brewed up a batch of Berliner Weisse beer this morning. Its my "brew in the heat of summer" beer because a) it likes to be fermented at 80-90F and b) its a great light lawnmower beer (a little sour/tart, low abv, refreshingly light). Cleaned up the garage some yesterday in prep for that - so the shop is mostly cleaned up as well which is nice. Visiting with some family tonight/tomorrow not sure on sunday yet.. Might get back to the "not a bench" project after a ?4? month hiatus.
Nothing like the fear of visitors to make you clean stuff up. I try to encourage LOML that we should have one party/year at our house just so we really clean it up occasionally.
Add a cross slide vise and keep it next to big brother. When I got the 18-900L a couple years ago I said I'd ditch the old Jet 17F, buuuut.. having two drill presses is very convenient (little hard on the space but convenient).

I'm actually thinking of brewing either tomorrow or saturday myself. Probably just a pale ale at this point.
Yep, We have relatives over a few times a year. Really helps to make sure we clean the place up a bit!
If I had room for 2 DP's, that's exactly what I'd do. Had to take my fancy DP table off this morning and put on a cross slide vise. Fortunately, I've got multiple 'thingamabobs' (mounts) so it's really just a matter of lifting one off and putting the other on.

Had a good time meeting up with Al Launier this morning for coffee and donuts. Had a better time sitting in his shop comparing aches and pains, and complaining about and trying to solve the worlds problems :D

Took the weekend off to relax a bit after the procedure on my back Wednesday. Straightening up the shop and working on the flag case.

I bought the Ibox jig and the freud blade set a month ago and it's still sitting unopened. Will have to break it out on Sunday to make a box for my daughter.

Hey, A meet up? Got any pics?:thumb:

Sounds like a genuine conspiracy to me to keep your identities hidden from the rest of us! :rofl:

Despite their best efforts, I was able to dig up a pic of the two of them together...

Grumpy-Old-Men-1.png