Lessons from BW 2013

Well they were darn good. Everyone enjoyed em and they got cleaned up in a few seconds.

Larry i did em on lowest heat possible on my two burner BBQ on the foil trays on the shelf. ( Chez Brent said indirect heat so i listened to my tutor).
Was trying to multiplex too much so forgot to put smoke in ..but the sausages used had smoke and so did the bacon so it all worked out ok.

Had in mind to buy a smoker but Bass Pro Canada thinks i was born yesterday so they aint getting to rip me off. :)

Was lucky to find great peppers.

Thanks Brent for showing the way really inspired me to get back to some cooking.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

vaughn i knew that brent ,tom and you make them on a grill but thought rob had them in a oven it was to clean in the pics to be a grill:)

That is a good point, doesn't look like that grill is getting enough use Rob. ;)

Also, any smoker you buy they have you coat the inside with vegetable oil and season it for a while before your first use. That doesn't hold as true for gas grills, but not sure I've "cleaned" mine since I've owned it. I do try to fire it up to 400* - 450* for a few minutes before using to burn off any left-overs and wire scrape the grates.

BTW, I am starting a weight loss plan with my wife today, already starting to miss these little morsels, we shall meet again some day though. :)

vaughn i knew that brent ,tom and you make them on a grill but thought rob had them in a oven it was to clean in the pics to be a grill:)

You my friend are easily mislead, that shiny image you think you see is the glare from the tin foil trays. :) My grill gets pretty well used. Dont you remember my NN saying too much BBQ. :rofl:

Ok you guys! you have been showing these luscious morsels ever since the meet, but I haven't seen any directions for them for those of us who were unable to attend Brent's bash. Too good to share?:rofl:
All aside I would love to try making them if I only knew how.

Cut a jalapeno in half. Leave the tail on if you desire.
Scoop out the seeds and membranes. That's where all the heat is, and these aren't really about the heat.
Fill the jalapeno with some cream cheese.
Smoosh a little smokey sausage down in the cream cheese.
Wrap with a slice of bacon, use a toothpick to secure.
Put on an aluminum tray. The aluminum keeps the grease from the bacon dripping down into the grill and making a mess.
Put on the grill on indirect heat over medium to low temp.
Let them slowly cook. Time varies, but I dont ever have them get done in less than an hour.
When the bacon is crisp, they are done!

Enjoy!

We actually made some with the little baby sweet yellow, red and green peppers you can get and stuffed them with shrimp instead of lil smokies.

Those are killer as well. It's more about the method than the ingredients. lots of room for creativity with these puppys.