Hello From Oregon

Kentt Cannon

I am new to this forum although not new to woodworking. I am now semi-retired and spend my days working in a dedicated woodshop behind my home. My other passion is fishing which is where you will find me when I am not making furniture. I share my shop with my fishing boat which takes up one bay of my shop leaving the other two bays for my play area. I move the boat outside when I have a large project and need the additional 24 x 12 bay.

Kent Cannon
Salem Oregon

Welcome to the family Kent :wave: Looks like we live in the same town. I have shop envy, mine is a little over 12 x 20 and everything hast to be on wheels to make room to work.

Welcome aboard.

I have lectured in Portland and at the university in Beaverton. If I had to live in a big city, Portland would be my choice. It has been years since I did any lecturing so things have probably changed. But, if I was a mile or two from the hotel (Cannot remember the name, downtown, interior like the 1980's) and it was 11:00 pm I would just walk back to the hotel. Beaverton is just plain beautiful and peaceful.

By now you have figured out that I am the gabby member of FamWW.

Enjoy,
JimB

Welcome aboard Kent, you're going to like it here. There are many top-notch pros here, such as yourself, willing to help the novices like me. As a furniture maker, you'll fit in beautifully! Looking forward to your posts.