Couple of Bowls

Jeff Bower

These aren't the best of pics (possted them on Instagram from my phone in the shop last night) but decided it's been kinda slow around here so I'd post them anyway. I had some free time last night and the humidity blew away for a bit so the shop was only 94 degrees. I have a stack of bowls that need finished so I grabbed a 10" elm and 5.5 walnut and went at it. Both have some good grain and the danish oil made it pop for sure. Still need to turn off the tenon on the elm bowl. The walnut is already spoken for as I owe a friend a few things as payment for some work they did for me. It's nice when friends like you work enough to take it in trade for their own skilled work! :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_20130708_193344_.jpg
    IMG_20130708_193344_.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20130708_200402_.jpg
    IMG_20130708_200402_.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 49
Great job on both bowls, Jeff. :thumb:

I was gonna comment on FB last night that you sure got that walnut paper thin, but figured people there might not get the joke. :D

Great job on both bowls, Jeff. :thumb:

I was gonna comment on FB last night that you sure got that walnut paper thin, but figured people there might not get the joke. :D

Thanks Vaughn! The elm bowl is actually thinner, but you can't tell without a profile shot...I'll try and remember to get a pic and post it.

Nice bowls Jeff. I always like the look of a simple Walnut bowl. The contrasting wood in the Elm bowl really stands out too....so now I'm confused. :dunno: Both are great looking.

Great looking bowls Jeff. Can relate on the heat and being in the shop. Supposed to hit about 98 today here, but humidity is only about 40%. Still though, even with the doors open on the shop it was about 110 inside last night for the little amount of time I spent out there.