NEW, YET ANOTHER FUN PROJECT DONE!!

Paul Douglass

I didn't know what forum to put this in but settled here. Well, it is a sorta construction project.

When I was at my daughters this 4th, my 2 year old grandson was watching his favorite movie, the new cars movie. I don't know how much he understands it, he will sit there and watch even with the sound off. Talking with my daughter, she said she wanted to get him a little toy ukulele, because at the daycare he goes to they have one and they told my daughter he loves it. So I decided I'd combine his current two favorite things, well favorite things besides his grandpa:rolleyes:.

I found this lunch box on e-bay and am going to make a little ukulele out of it. Have to finish my other grandson's CBG and my granddaughter's jewelry box first. Hope to get the uke done before the little guy has new favorite things!

Attachments

• IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
GOT R DONE

Okay, this is how it turned out. Have to get some strings for it next trip to town. The dark object on the fretboard are pictures some of the other car characters that are in the movie.

This got me inspired to build myself another uke, being my son has spoken for the only other one I have left.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Grandson Got His Uke

Gave my Grandson his little ukulele. He's not a solid player yet, but he knew what it was and would not let go of it. Every time someone wanted to see it, he said "mine! Mine".

Attachments

• IMG_1608s.jpg
    IMG_1608s.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 40
I think these kind of small project worth nothing but they can give you the priceless happiness. Thanks for sharing this nice toy guitar which you made for you grandson, and I hope you are best grandpa for him.

missed this the first time.
Awesome job, Paul.

But I'm still a bit mystified by the fact that your daughter actually wanted a noise-making toy for her son... :rofl: