HFDC Casters

Thanks for the reassuring comment Vaughn. I think this will suit my application in a much more appropriate manner & will leave the shop in a neater, better organized condition.

Sorry that I am a bit late into this. I purchased a Home Depot or HF (sorry cannot rmember which place) remote a few months ago for less than $20.oo. 120V, 10 amp for machinery, 50 foot remote radio range to receiver.
I do not have a stock number or SKU. There is a number on the card that held the unit for sale. The card has the number; RFK 105LC. Pic at bottom.

I also have another unit that was from HF, that was less money (however that was approximately 8 years ago). I do not have any record of the brand. They do not have a name on it. It has been used almost daily for the 8 years. It has worked flawlessly. I did not see it in the store yesterday and the check-out lady was not familiar with it.

If you stop thinking "Dust Collector" and just look at the voltage and the amps the unit will carry, you can find good units much less expensive than the woodworking stores. For example, I saw units at Home Depot at Christmas time, in with the Christmas lighting stuff, that would carry a 15 amp load and were less than $20.oo

Attachments

• img016.jpg
    img016.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 5
HF is a place that has real bargains in casters. I have many casters from there. I have never had a failure. Don't tell anyone but my old wood storage rack had over 1700 pounds of wood on it---supported by four 300 pound load HF casters---need I say more?

Well I guess I do. You may have seen pics including the two 7' tall 2' x 4' yellow cabinets I have. They have been on HF casters for something like 30 years. The drawers are full of pliers, screwdrivers, drills, saws, wrenches, files, knives, chisels, etc. The cupboards on top have 4 routers, steel centering sets, scrapers, portable vises, all kinds of unusual hardware for a woodshop---like circlips, e clips, etc. They are way overloaded. Once you overcome the initial inertia to get them moving you can move them across the shop with one hand. You get the idea, I am a HF caster fan.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
Sorry that I am a bit late into this. I purchased a Home Depot or HF (sorry cannot rmember which place) remote a few months ago for less than $20.oo. 120V, 10 amp for machinery, 50 foot remote radio range to receiver...

The HF dust collector peaks at 20 amps. I'd be a bit leery of hooking it up to a 10 amp remote switch.

The HF dust collector peaks at 20 amps. I'd be a bit leery of hooking it up to a 10 amp remote switch.

That's exactly the reason I decided to install a regular electrical box with a 20A receptacle jumpered to a 20A switch (in the same box), all off a 20a CB & wire. I have the compressor wired the same way. The receptacle adds some convenience when other equipment needs to "livened up".