Router Lift for Hitachi M12V

Bill Arnold

Staff member
My current router lift is a JessEm that came with the Jet JTAS package I bought around 2001. It's a decent lift that has served me well, but I have to use angled wrenches to change bits. I'd like to update to a lift that will raise my M12V collet above the table. I've been reviewing several lifts online, but would like some input from real-life users.

Thanks for the help, group!

Hi Bill - Sorry for the late reply. I have a Woodpecker Unilift which holds my Hitachi M12V2. This is a fine quality router lift. I am not sure if Woodpecker still makes them. I use an Xtreme Extension collet extension which raises the collet well above the table for easy bit changes. The Xtreme Extension uses an allen wrench to easily loosen the bit. I have used this set up for a number of years and have not experienced problems with run out or vibration.

Attachments

• RT Fence.jpg
    RT Fence.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 36
  • Xtreme Extension1.jpg
    Xtreme Extension1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Pete, thanks for your reply. I had thought about the extension device before, but kept having a vision of something like that getting loose and creating havoc. I know a lot of people have been very positive about them, but...

Since I'm doing several updates to my shop, I decided to bit the bullet and order new lift and router. Incremental Tools had a good price on the Mast-R-Lift II packaged with a PC 7518.