Baby Doll Craddle for my Grand Daughter

Jim Krager

I am building a baby doll craddle for my Grand Daughter. I carved the end panel on my CNC Router and filled carvings with acrylic paint and dry assembled craddle. I still need to do final sanding and glue up and then will apply a laquer finish. I will post finished project when it is completed.

Craddle1.jpg Craddle3.jpg Craddle2.jpg

That is really cute. She is going to love that and probably pass it on to the next generation. I really envy you pople with the CNC stuff. For me CNC stands for "Chisel N Cut" More like "Chisel N Cuss".

Very cool Jim! Did you hand paint those in?

I saw over on another forum someone was doing the main finish and a seal coat, then using a 3m mask like body shops use that is kind of like contact paper, maybe a little more substantial. then routing through that contact paper and painting the routed areas before removing the contact paper. The seal coat helped prevent any bleeding and makes the cleanup easier.

Very cool Jim! Did you hand paint those in?

I saw over on another forum someone was doing the main finish and a seal coat, then using a 3m mask like body shops use that is kind of like contact paper, maybe a little more substantial. then routing through that contact paper and painting the routed areas before removing the contact paper. The seal coat helped prevent any bleeding and makes the cleanup easier.

I carve, sand and then apply two coats of sanding sealer first, I then fill the carving with acrylic paint and then sand off any paint that got on the surface of the board.