Afternoon distraction

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
A co-worker brought a few things in to sell today. I ended up buying this little guy from him along with an small electric R/C plane. Got about 6 minutes of flying in after lunch and no I'm not very good with it, but haven't broken it yet. ;)

YZBWkJf.jpg

I gave the R/C Plane to another co-workers as he and I had been talking about them the other day and he was wanting to get one.

After first reading the thread title as "Afternoon Delight", I blinked my eyes and read it correctly. Although, I must say I'd be both distracted and delighted with trying to fly one of those things!

They can definitely be quite a bit of fun. Have fun with it!

oh I will, and can't wait for another bird to get into the shop that wont come down from the rafters to fly out the open door, at least I can go where he can now. I had one get in the night before leaving for Reno, and I spent 2 hours trying off and on to scare him down and out the door. There wasn't any way for him to get out once I shut the door and with it being in the 90's he would have died from heat exhaustion (after getting poo all over my tools). I ended up shooting him with a pellet gun, I felt bad about it, but figured it was more merciful than letting him die a slow death out there.

Fun-looking toy. I have one of the little bitty cheap ones, but haven't had much chance to play with it yet.

...can't wait for another bird to get into the shop that wont come down from the rafters to fly out the open door, at least I can go where he can now...

I see a lightweight chopper-mounted Gatling style BB gun in your future. :rofl:

Still learning and the shop dog is NOT amused and says she'll be filing a grievance with the shop dog union. :rolleyes:

Jim, I can't blame you, as soon as you buy one you'll see the next level entry version and get sucked in...it's a vicious cycle. Actually just wanted something to practice on before going to the next level myself, they really take some getting used to. I ultimately want to build a quadcopter.

Hummmm...I bought you a chopper about 6 years ago and you're still afraid to fly it. Get that sucker out :stick:

Or are you afraid to tell me you broke it already :huh:

Yup share all the state secrets Sharon how come we did not hear this while we were visiting. :rofl:

Brent the one thing I forgot was to see that bicycle of yours.

Oh Darren that's more than just an afternoon distraction. That's like a vortex. Quadcopter is definitely in my future and I like Vaughns idea of some armament underneath. At least something like a paint ball gun. Can you imagine having a quad hover at the same level as the overhead wires and pop paintballs at the squirrels :rofl:

I wonder how flying a RC chopper compares to a RC plane. My daughter bought me a RC mini Super Cub plane for Christmas a couple years ago. I failed miserably. No way could I get my head into the cockpit & see things as a pilot would. Whenever I circled the plane (unintentional & purely accidental) & it was heading back at me, yup a crash dive or sure, heck all of them were crash dives! The only thing I excelled at was the crash dive. It's amazing how much damage & repair they can take & still keep airborne. Maybe a chopper is the ticket???

Well, I'm finding that it's not all that easy, but enjoyable. Changes in speed need to be adjusted slowly as effects are almost immediate. Still trying to get myself into the mode of what direction I'm pointing. Luckily it hovers in one spot pretty well, so I can take my time turning them move forward when it's pointed the right way.

That's the whole big trick in RC aircraft. Even more difficult is if you happen to lose orientation on it. Zoiks.

I remember one time I had a really nice .40 trainer. I was showing off for my brother and was flying it upside down right towards us.

I 'pulled up' on the stick, but since I was upside down, I managed to perform 1/2 of a downward loop. Man that engine was buried deep in that cornfield.:rofl: