Game Of Thrones

Paul Douglass

Anyone reading these books? I bought the first 4 volumes and when I got half way through I new there was no way it was going to end in that book. Now I find there at least 2 more volumes to read and maybe more after that! I don't get HBO so I bought the first two seasons on CD's off ebay. As usual the books are better. Anyone know how many volumes there are total?

Books aren't done yet and its looking likely that the TV show will overrun them. Apparently the author has given the show writers the plot outline in case he doesn't ever finish the books. The last "book" was supposed to be one shorter book and ended up being two epically long books.

I got though the first two and decided I'd wait until he finished writing them :D

In the usual fashion the series took a lot of liberty in exploiting the sex and sexual perversion that is not in the book. I have really enjoyed the books, which surprised me because I usually do not read fantasy type books. I just could not get into Harry Potter or the Lord of the Ring books.

It amazes me how much my taste in reading has changed over the years. I used to love science fiction as a teen and now I can't get past the first 10 pages. Yet, I can enjoy some adventure novels. I am an avid reader. I enjoy really, really good reference books too. I much prefer a reference book over the CD form.