Albuquerque Wins!

I can get behind the winner :thumb: :D
Some of the runners up I'd have to disagree on :rolleyes:

Favorite way to have Green Chile's is in a thick green chili and tomatillo stew (usually beef) over homemade thick corn sopes (like a thick tortilla but for me - preferentially made with coarser meal). Loml makes the stew, I make the sopes.

I protest and demand a recount...... What no New England lobster roll, new england clam chowder, no fried clams ???????????? No spam and cheeze wizz sandwiches :headbang:

Ain't nobody got no culture :crazy:

I don't know about Indianapolis, but the Pork Tenderloin sandwich was definitely a Quad Cities thing to me where I grew up.

The breaded tenderloin cutlet was as big as the plate with a tiny little bun on the top and bottom...

I want one!

...Favorite way to have Green Chile's is in a thick green chili and tomatillo stew (usually beef) over homemade thick corn sopes (like a thick tortilla but for me - preferentially made with coarser meal). Loml makes the stew, I make the sopes.

Tomatillos? Blasphemy! Ain't no tomatillos in green chile stew. :rolleyes: :D

I always pick green. When I come down there you better show me the best ABQ has to offer.

Count on it, ma'am. The only tough part will be deciding where to go...so many good choices. ;)

That a sham...................... nothing beats Md Crabs................. Have you had our crabs ? :(

Crab and green chile omelette...best of both worlds!

Tomatillos? Blasphemy! Ain't no tomatillos in green chile stew. :rolleyes: :D

That's why its I didn't call ir "Green Chili Stew" but "Tomatillo and Green Chili Stew" :p :D

And seriously "1 pint canned tomatoes, or 2 large fresh tomatoes" !?!?! I think you're just substituting one thing for the other there... :rolleyes: :rofl:

More seriously I like the citrus like tang the tomatillos add and they really help tenderize a tougher piece of stew meat a lot (more effectively than tomato or chiles alone imho).

That's why its I didn't call ir "Green Chili Stew" but "Tomatillo and Green Chili Stew" :p :D

And seriously "1 pint canned tomatoes, or 2 large fresh tomatoes" !?!?! I think you're just substituting one thing for the other there... :rolleyes: :rofl:

More seriously I like the citrus like tang the tomatillos add and they really help tenderize a tougher piece of stew meat a lot (more effectively than tomato or chiles alone imho).

(Psssst, don't bring up cilantro)

...More seriously I like the citrus like tang the tomatillos add and they really help tenderize a tougher piece of stew meat a lot (more effectively than tomato or chiles alone imho).

I never had anything with tomatillos in it until I moved to California and ate Mexican food. They're not bad, but they are unheard of in New Mexican food.

Have to make yearly trip to Albuquerque in September every year for our supply.
Have it roasted then peeled and frozen and bring home to Misouri.
Can not beat the flavor.

I protest and demand a recount...... What no New England lobster roll, new england clam chowder, no fried clams ???????????? No spam and cheeze wizz sandwiches :headbang:

Ain't nobody got no culture :crazy:

Guess not Bob. Looks like you & I are the only ones that appreciate New England lobster roll, NE clam chowder, or NE fried clams. And, you can toss in oysters on the half shell & baked stuffed haddock to round things out. But then again, anyplace outside of NE probably never offered such fine seafood eating. Please pass the culture, oops beer! ;)

Last edited:
As much as I like green chile, I've gotta say New England clam chowdah and pretty much lobster anything are good eats indeed.

Now, about that Spam and Cheez Whiz sandwich...:gonnagetit::rofl:

You can tell summer is on the wane around here, though...starting to see large propane tanks and chile roasters getting set up all over town. Nom nom nom!
eating.gif