Smoked Pork Shoulder

My wife make a Pakistani dish that we call Kemah (but Kemah really just means meat)... it's served over rice with a cucumber/Yogurt sauce to tone it down slightly... it will bring tears to your eyes..:eek:. both going in and going out...:rofl::rofl:

Hmmm, We make a lot of persian style dishes around here served with a yogurt/cucumber sauce, but none of them are very spicy.

If you have a recipe for that, It sounds like it would be right up our alley sometime.

Hmmm, We make a lot of persian style dishes around here served with a yogurt/cucumber sauce, but none of them are very spicy.

If you have a recipe for that, It sounds like it would be right up our alley sometime.

+1

One of my favorite "ain't ever going to let is go" cookbooks is: http://www.amazon.com/Lebanese-Mountain-Cookery-Laird-Hamady - not the same food at all but when you said "yogurt/cucumber sauce" ... well there are some overlaps :D

Yeah, the Pakistanis know how to spice things up more than the Persians. Mohammad Madha introduced me to the concept of spicy Pakistani food, and the software engineers I'm working with now have reinforced it. Kind of funny watching them try to see what my limits to spiciness are. They seem to forget I grew up eating NM red and green chile. :D

If you have a middle eastern store in your neighborhood, she buys a spice packet there and depending on how much of the spice she puts in, depends on how spicy it is... ours comes in a yellow box and actually says Kemah on the box.

If you have a middle eastern store in your neighborhood, she buys a spice packet there and depending on how much of the spice she puts in, depends on how spicy it is... ours comes in a yellow box and actually says Kemah on the box.

(web search ensues).
Appears to be more commonly called keemah or Kheeman- kemah appears to be a place in Texas. Wikipedia has a couple of links at the bottom of their page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keema to some recipes, but a web search gets lots of hits as well (of, I'm sure, wildly varying quality). The mix appears to vary somewhat in the exact spices used (as is usual with this sort of thing) and some incorporating various vegetables.

My neighborhood? :rofl: I live in the middle of nowhere! :eek:

(web search ensues).
Appears to be more commonly called keemah or Kheeman- kemah appears to be a place in Texas. Wikipedia has a couple of links at the bottom of their page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keema to some recipes, but a web search gets lots of hits as well (of, I'm sure, wildly varying quality). The mix appears to vary somewhat in the exact spices used (as is usual with this sort of thing) and some incorporating various vegetables.

Luckily, for me, there is always good old amazon.com...

http://www.amazon.com/Shan-Keema-Cu...?ie=UTF8&qid=1375237626&sr=8-1&keywords=keema

The odd thing is if I search for it on ebay, I get quite a few links to Japanese companies selling it as 'indian curry'.

I'm going to get the amazon one and do some more research and give it a shot.

Thanks Gentlemen!

Ok i am officially in the smoking business. Got my deal at the depot without really trying should have asked for a bigger discount. $30 off on $179 just for asking :) Rule no.1 never pay full price. lol.
Came home with a ton of meat too. Now to fire it up and get some smoke on. :). Will have to wait for weekend. Will try "season" it before then though. Cant wait.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Got my deal at the depot without really trying should have asked for a bigger discount. $30 off on $179 just for asking :) Rule no.1 never pay full price. lol.

Rob - Glad you followed my suggestion...never hurts to ask

I love Persian food. While I also love spicy food, I still like the subtle flavor of lemon, lots of herbs, etc. Oh and the tadig...crispy rice bottom is my favorite. :thumb:

Ok i am officially in the smoking business. Got my deal at the depot without really trying should have asked for a bigger discount. $30 off on $179 just for asking :) Rule no.1 never pay full price. lol.
Came home with a ton of meat too. Now to fire it up and get some smoke on. :). Will have to wait for weekend. Will try "season" it before then though. Cant wait.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! Looking forward to some pics! :thumb: