Well, that was exciting!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Big rain storm blowing through. Had to roll up the awnings. Picked me right up off my feet! Thought I could hold it and roll it up during the few seconds of lull between wind bursts. NOT! Got 'er done though. Now power is out. But I have a generator. Snug as a bug in a rug right now. Rain is good in the desert. Now the phone is alerting me to flash flood warnings. Gotta shut that off. And I planned a quiet evening with a bit Woodford Reserve over ice.

Carol my heart goes out to you. I shudder when i think of you all on your own in that motorhome then add a good storm oy vey. Do you have neighbors? is there any support in case of emergency say like a fall or trip or something. Thinking here of how i fell out of the back of a U haul truck while moving a year ago and hit the deck dislocating my shoulder but also winding myself and it was raining and storming and no one herd my faint calls for help. Until Linda and kids missed me inside.
What would happen in your situation for something like this but less onerous just a human trip and head bump in the home.?

As Brent says keep safe.

Well, Rob, actually... no. I should keep my cell phone in my pocket, I guess. I used to think about that when I was in my shop in California years back when neighbors were quite a ways away. Today however I was outside and I would have been seen if people were looking out their windows. I really don't know how closely anyone watches around here. Some people are nosier than others, of course.

Now it is perfectly quiet out. A fast moving front with some wild wind and a bunch of rain.

Glad you're OK, Carol. :thumb: Those desert storms can come up quickly, huh? But you really need to cut out this "Flying Wallendas" stuff, alright? :rofl: