advertised a couple items for sale in the New Orleans online paper

I sold a couple of AR lowers recently. There was an e-mail saying the buyer had some questions but not asking any, not quite right but I went on and replied. These are the follow-up e-mails. Should I tell anyone else inquiring that these are sold?

Hu

(from buyer)
Hello Seller,

Thanks for your swift message, I'm really sorry for my late response towards this message, I'm Okay with the condition and price. I will add extra $10 to your asking price to ensure the sale is complete, I'm here to let you know, that I cannot afford to loose this ' AR lower ad ' from you, I want to be the new owner, Please Consider it SOLD Already to me, and do not sell it to another person.

I will be sending you a Instant Payment by my Monthly Pay Day Canada Bank Draft, Cashier's Bank Check, or Post Money Order, when you get it clears into your account, then my Local Movers Collector will come and pick up the Item from you. I am so sorry that I'm unable to come and take a look at this Item, it was due to my Vacation and my location is very far, but am sure it is in good condition as you have claimed.

Send me your details for the Payment below such as:

Your Full Name on the Payment#

Your Full Contact Address#

Your Postal Code#

Your State/City #

Total Selling Price#

Your Home Phone Num#

Your Office Phone Num#

Please get back to me with the requested details so that the payment can be send to you as soon as possible, I await your reply soon.

Best Regards.
(end of message, hu)

Sorry, I only accept cash payments, preferably in Confederate dollars. Please send the funds to me care of:

Captain Edward Norton
Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Office, Bunco Division
101 Campo LN
Amite, LA 70422

The captain is my favorite nephew and will let me know as soon as the funds arrive. Once they have cleared I will deliver the AR lowers to him at the sheriff's office and you or your representative can pick them up whenever convenient. It might take a little while to process paperwork so be prepared for a several day stay. Clothes will be provided but I recommend bringing personal toiletries.

(end included text)

I know I shouldn't mess with these folks but had to make a little of my own fun in the wee hours of the night. Captain Ed Norton doesn't exist, a tribute to Jackie Gleason's buddy on the Honeymooners. The street address for the police station is correct. Don't know if anyone calls it a bunco division anymore.

Hu

Jim,

I suspect this buyer may not come by and pick these up! I'm asking too much for them in my opinion but I actually have them which is far more than most commercial sellers can say. These are the Cavalry Arms lowers that have buttstock, handgrip, and trigger guard molded together with the plastic lower. I don't like plastic uppers but have been happy with other of these lowers. These are brand new, one has a Bushmaster completion kit installed along with recoil spring and such the other has the parts to go with it if you need them or I can put it together.

Check with the new manufacturer of the Cav-15, they don't say if they are available or not. I have an inquiry in now. They are selling them cheaper than I could buy them from Brownells at dealer price a few years ago but I don't have any information concerning the new people manufacturing the lowers. No idea about current quality or how they are to deal with. I'll let you know what I hear back from them if you don't learn something first. $130 for a naked lower or $200 for a complete lower is the advertised price on the GWACS website.

Hu

follow-up for Jim

Jim,

Just got a reply to my e-mail:

(included text)
I have stock ready to ship, two days is typically a longer time to ship for us. i have both stripped and populated in shipping ready for orders. Colors on hand are black, flat dark earth, od green, pink and zombie green. www.gwacsarmory.com

thanks
Shel
(end included text)

I read some reviews, all excellent but all at their site. You might take a quick look over at AR-15.com but I would buy a few either stripped or assembled at these prices if I wasn't spending my money tooling up for wood turning. I'm not short on lowers at the moment anyway. :D

While egging you on to spend your money I talked to Brownells this morning. They have their 20 round metal Brownells brand AR magazines in stock. These are fine in twenty or thirty round versions in my experience but I favor the twenties for any likely use. Better to go prone with, shoot off the bench, or just tote in the wood or getting in and out of a truck. I download to fifteen or eighteen anyway. The CS springs might be slightly better, those are the ones I buy but I haven't had any issues with any AR magazine springs I have purchased new.

Hu(Nobody would ever suspect I did other things before coming to wood turning would they?:D)

I sold a couple of AR lowers recently. There was an e-mail saying the buyer had some questions but not asking any, not quite right but I went on and replied. These are the follow-up e-mails. Should I tell anyone else inquiring that these are sold?

Hu

(from buyer)
Hello Seller,

Thanks for your swift message, I'm really sorry for my late response towards this message, I'm Okay with the condition and price. I will add extra $10 to your asking price to ensure the sale is complete, I'm here to let you know, that I cannot afford to loose this ' AR lower ad ' from you, I want to be the new owner, Please Consider it SOLD Already to me, and do not sell it to another person.

I will be sending you a Instant Payment by my Monthly Pay Day Canada Bank Draft, Cashier's Bank Check, or Post Money Order, when you get it clears into your account, then my Local Movers Collector will come and pick up the Item from you. I am so sorry that I'm unable to come and take a look at this Item, it was due to my Vacation and my location is very far, but am sure it is in good condition as you have claimed.

Send me your details for the Payment below such as:

Your Full Name on the Payment#

Your Full Contact Address#

Your Postal Code#

Your State/City #

Total Selling Price#

Your Home Phone Num#

Your Office Phone Num#

Please get back to me with the requested details so that the payment can be send to you as soon as possible, I await your reply soon.

Best Regards.
(end of message, hu)

Sorry, I only accept cash payments, preferably in Confederate dollars. Please send the funds to me care of:

Captain Edward Norton
Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Office, Bunco Division
101 Campo LN
Amite, LA 70422

The captain is my favorite nephew and will let me know as soon as the funds arrive. Once they have cleared I will deliver the AR lowers to him at the sheriff's office and you or your representative can pick them up whenever convenient. It might take a little while to process paperwork so be prepared for a several day stay. Clothes will be provided but I recommend bringing personal toiletries.

(end included text)

I know I shouldn't mess with these folks but had to make a little of my own fun in the wee hours of the night. Captain Ed Norton doesn't exist, a tribute to Jackie Gleason's buddy on the Honeymooners. The street address for the police station is correct. Don't know if anyone calls it a bunco division anymore.

Hu

Hu,
That's hilarious... wish I had thought of a reply like that....... pretty sure I got an email from the same buyer when I posted my equipale table and chairs on Craigslist.