gasket for wynn filter

allen levine

I own a delta 50-760 DC.
I have a wynn catridge filter on top.
The rubber/foam gasket is damaged(I damaged it), does anyone know where I can purchase a new gasket? I didn't measure it, its like 16 inchs.

I'd call Wynn and see if they can send you a new one. Chances are, Mr. Wynn himself will answer the phone. :thumb:

+1

Rick will probably have one to you in no time flat. It's some pretty thick stuff, and it's stiff too - never seen any weather stripping at my local place that would be a suitable substitute, myself.

I made a "temporary" gasket out of one of HF's cheap floor mats. It worked OK and has become, at least, semi-permanent. I just used very heavy duty carpet scissors and cut out a circle. Then I cut a smaller circle out of the center of that (giving me a very flat do-nut with a giant hole).

A floormat piece that was a bit softer (as in more expensive) would have been a bit better I think. I used the cheap material because I thought it was going to be a 1 or 2 day set-up.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
I need to due a fair amount of cutting this weekend, as I have to size up plywood and make 2 chairs, so Im going to wrap up the leak with a lot of duct tape just so I don't get any spray until the gasket gets installed.(my arthritis hands and bad back, I wont be installing those turnbuckles, have to wait for help, either my son or my buddy)
I couldn't believe the one small leak area irritated my eyes so bad yesterday.

the gasket is clever. It now fits onto the rim of the DC, and the fliter just sits on top of it. Much better, now if I can only figure out how to secure it with anything else besides those turnbuckles. (just tough to put on with arthritic handies)
but the collector is up and running with no air escaping.

Allen, I know some folks have been able to attach the filter with long bungee cords over the outside of the filter. I'm thinking of trying something along those lines the next time I remove my filter.

not sure if the bungees will hold it down tight enough, but worth a shot.
but you just gave me an idea. If I could find somewhere on outside to clamp, I could use a set of nylon cargo tension straps and that would be easy enough to remove and attach.

This is how I did mine a while back. It is very easy and seems to be working fine. I have got to check out the gaskets. Mine is okay but if they have a better in maybe it would be worth changing.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 20