My wife will be going topless...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
...well her new Jeep will be anyway from time to time. ;) It has the three piece top, the section above the driver and passenger is like a T-top that has two panels that can be removed easily. The back half can be unbolted and removed, but may have to rig up a hoist in the shop to remove it by myself.

2013-08-05%u0025252020.16.09.jpg

2013-08-05%u0025252020.15.55.jpg

2013-08-05%u0025252020.15.42.jpg

We ended up pre-paying for the first 20 oil changes, they averaged at $20 per change, which should cover the first 4-5 years and was cheaper than I could buy the supplies myself.

One very nice ride!

My dad used to have a pick up with a canopy on the back, we rigged up a rope and pulley system in the carport so you just backed the truck in, undid 6 bolts, then hooked a hook onto each corner and winched away. He got a boat trailer type hand winch that with the flick of a small lever could winch up or down. The most critical thing was getting all four ropes the right length, once we did that is was very easy and effective. Might be a solution for you?

Nice ride!

Those oil changes aren't going to get cheaper, either...
No they are not, was kind of like buying stock, almost bought two package to start taking mine up there too.

Puttin' a gal in a red Jeep....hmmmm...cop bait!! HA!! You guys should have a ball with that!
Yeah, I mentioned that to her yesterday that she'd better watch herself now. She only ever got pulled over once in the white isuzu and that was probably a legitimate stop.

Very cool, but it's way too clean for a Jeep. ;) Time to mud that bad boy up!
Soon my friend, very soon. Actually may head down to her grandparents this weekend. They have a few hills and creeks around the property. Another buddy that bought a 2012 model has tricked it out and joined the local club. He's having a get together at his place Saturday to work on mods. Everyone brings their stuff and other members help them get it installed. Not sure if we're going to make it or not though, but will the next one.

I hadn't heard that one, very cool.

My dad used to have a pick up with a canopy on the back, we rigged up a rope and pulley system in the carport so you just backed the truck in, undid 6 bolts, then hooked a hook onto each corner and winched away. He got a boat trailer type hand winch that with the flick of a small lever could winch up or down. The most critical thing was getting all four ropes the right length, once we did that is was very easy and effective. Might be a solution for you?
Yeah, that's what I've got in mind. Should be able to pull it up and out of the way too. Thought about a set of rests on each side where I could lift the front/back and run some rails under to support the top then just drive out from under it, but like the hoist idea better. Might do a hoist then have a cart to lower it onto to roll it out of the ways. :)

Paul took the words right out my mouth. Just the Jeep i like and the color too. :)

BTW back in SA i had the IZUZU Rodeo as well. Out there it was kitted with a bigger engine than my hemi and you were right gas guzzler for sure.

Wish the missus all the best from another Jeep person hope she has many hours of fun in it.

Just make sure that oil they use in the changes is not recycled stuff. :)

.....Yeah, that's what I've got in mind. Should be able to pull it up and out of the way too. Thought about a set of rests on each side where I could lift the front/back and run some rails under to support the top then just drive out from under it, but like the hoist idea better. Might do a hoist then have a cart to lower it onto to roll it out of the ways. :)

Many carports and such have a lot of wasted space up near the ceiling, ours did so we just left it hang there, the only thing we did to secure it was had a stiff piece of wire that went over the winch handle so you could not spin the handle, even if the locking dog was somehow bumped or moved. It sure was a slick set up!

A few updates since we've bought the jeep...

The official Navy Mom sticker...
20130810_154604.jpg

Some step protectors...
2013-08-12+18.21.40.jpg 2013-08-12+18.24.52.jpg 2013-08-12+18.21.32.jpg 2013-08-12+18.23.49.jpg

I found a gps mount/tray for the dash and bought a hard wire power adapter, which got installed last night, it powers on/off with the key...
2013-08-14+21.10.51.jpg 2013-08-14+21.10.57.jpg 2013-08-14+21.11.40.jpg 2013-08-14+21.11.50.jpg

Dealer wanted $1800 for the radio with the navigation built in, to have them do updates to the gps was $100 per map update, so we just went with the standard radio. Our current gps has lifetime updates for free. My wife was happy with the mount and fact that no cables were cluttering up the dash.

Have some rock rails on order, some grab handles (oh shoot handles), and a few other trim pieces coming yet.

Great pictures! Angela SHOULD be proud!

I can't imagine going with the built in navi type stuff, when it changes so often.

Great job on the upgrades!

(Got you internet back?)

Awwww Sweet!! We're getting Comcast Saturday...sick and tired of AT&T 1.oops mp/s. Just internet though...they don't have NFL Sunday Ticket!!