Might as well start the "It's Friday" thread rolling...

Peter Rideout

An endless stream of indoor and outdoor jobs large and small, some fencing, mowing, pruning, organizing the hayloft for a big delivery sometime next week, and maybe some shop time too with rain coming tonight and tomorrow :thumb: But, also some Blackberry-free time :thumb:

There's company comin', so want to be able to show them around with a clear conscience! :D

Family (my acutal family) get together tonight at the MIL's. Good food and drink predicted. Bike ride lunch picnic with LOML and the kid tomorrow. Then I'm taking a shelf my dad made from the bleachers of my high shcool and a dumpster dived table and combining them into a new TV console for our living room...or at least that's the plan. Hope is to have it pretty much completed by dinner time on Sunday...wish me luck! :rolleyes:

All the circuits, except lights, are now installed in the Putter Palace. Today I plug it in and see if it all works. WooHoo! I have 2 circuits in each 4 gang box. There are 9 of those. There is a separate circuit for the air compressor and a separate circuit for the lathe and table saw. That one is a 220v circuit. There is a 50 amp 220v feed cord to a breaker box. When I have to plug into a 30 amp circuit, I will have half the 110v circuits and no saw, lathe or air compressor available as one leg drops out via the 50 amp to 30 amp adapter.

When all this works as planned, I will make new shop lights based on a plan I saw in Woodworkers' Journal emag a couple of weeks ago. There will be 2 light circuits as well, so half of them will work when one leg drops out. George at the local Home Depot has been a wealth of help here.

Need my tablesaw to make those lights, so here's hoping for success in powering up today. Pix when it works.

May head over to a buddy's place where the local Jeep club is meeting. Want to see some of the mods being done first hand and some of the products used. I'm not looking to do any change to the suspension, but need to add some side steps or rock sliders to protect the side paint. Planning to work on the dresser built-in since I didn't get the time last weekend. Also need to clear out some space in the shop to park my wife's old car until we decide what to do with it.

Continue working on my oldest Grand Daughters 18th Birthday present, I have to recarve the drawers again had a problem when sanding them.

Jewelry Box.JPG

Last day of full-time work!! School starts Monday at 0900. Raiders play tonight so that will entertain me while I prep the pork shoulder for tomorrow. Shopping and shop work Saturday and Sunday.

Got some friends coming up for the night to do a little perseid watching. Might be a little early for the meteor showers, but still should be fun to re-connect.

Working the sailboat this weekend. Our vacation plan is to take it to lake mead, and I've got to get the trailer and boat registered in Nevada before we go.

Need to make sure the tires are in good shape, the brakes work, and make sure the nav lights and safety stuff on the boat work. Should be able to get it registered next week!

I'm going to Toronto tonight to go to a Jays game with my daughter, and stay the night. Tomorrow my wife will be joining me at the afternoon game, and Sunday is taken up with a special meeting at church with the Archdeacon to discuss how we are going to proceed in getting a new priest. Roll on Monday!

I'm continuing with my shop re-arrangement today. Cut down some of my table saw surround table system yesterday - cleaning that up and re-positioning some of the legs today. Hopefully, Saturday morning everything will be ready for me to slide my new G0690 TS with Incra TS system into its final place.

Looking forward to having a complete chill-out day on Sunday!!!

Friday after work is another concert at the Zoo...The Young Dubliners.

Seriously considering another quick overnight camping trip on Saturday. I'd like to do some more exploring in the area where I was last weekend.

Pulled the outdoor area carpet off the deck and dragged it out to the driveway to give 'er a good cleaning this morning, been so wet this season that mold was starting to become the dominate color. Cleaned the seat cushions as well. The LOML is off next week and our big plans are to veg out on the deck all week and put some miles on the grill/smoker. Shop-wise, 2 more cigar box guitars are close to 'singing stage' and a thorough cleaning of the shop is becoming a necessity more than a desire. Oh yeah, some yard work as usual.

Edit: great looking jewelry box Jim :thumb:

Last edited:
headed down to AC for a few days.

we thought we had free tickets to see peter Frampton and bb king at the Taj, but when my wife clicked to reserve 2 seats, the site said our free tickets are no longer available. they must have offered seats to 50 thousand and only had a few hundred freebies to give away.
We should have done it this morning when we got the email.

Received an order from my Etsy store for one of my pet sized urns. Unfortunately, it was not for the one I had in stock, but for the same design in a different wood. Oh well, a sale is a sale! No point in buying wood and setting up jigs for one little urn, so I'm making five. I'll take some pictures and get it up on the site as a new item.

So, I worked in the shop today and am about half done. Tomorrow I have a men's seminar at church, but then its back into the shop - Sunday too, perhaps - son and DIL coming over with a few grand-kids to cool off in the pool. I give myself plenty of lead time on special orders so as long as I can ship by the end of the week I'm fine.

Working on a drill press table that I saw in Woodsmith magazine which featured "Setting Up Your Shop". First time I'm actually starting to use the equipment I've picked up since the beginning of the year. This will give me a chance to get a feel for some of these tools before any project of substance pops up. So far the Ridgid 3650 TS works like a dream, especially compared to the ~1950s vintage Sears Roebuck TS I had before.

I have my writers group meeting today.
Had planned to mow my lawn. It is way-way too tall but we have had steady rains now for many days. No mow today.
Tomorrow church. Crash in the afternoon.