I must have gotten the last one...

Greg Cook

Saw a tip about this at Amazon...$215 and free shipping, sold by Amazon. The screen said "2 left - order soon". I thought about it for a few minutes, and then went ahead and ordered. I got my confirmation e.mail almost immediately, as usual. Shipping April 4th..$215.65. I went back and clicked on the item and BAM! The price had changed to $512.05, and now it's sold by BuilderDepot! :eek: I guess I got the last one at Amazon.:dunno:

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-28-276-...60-8484901?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1175586608&sr=8-1

I almost got it at Lowes the other day at #429.00, less the 15% discount they had.....($365):doh: Sure glad I waited.

I'm excited as I've wanted one of these for a while now...

Last edited:
Hey Greg.............. YOU SUCK!!!

Man, for that much money, I'd have ordered two! :thumb:

Sold one for a profit and you would have a free bandsaw! :D

Dude, you had better make plans to buy a bunch of converters for all these tools you are shipping over to Japan, when you come, and or plan on buying a bunch of motors here, I know a place that gives volume discounts! :wave:

Nice score, but I hate you...................... just a little ;) :D

poor Stu, seeing deals like this that you can't touch. Almost like you were back home in Canada, eh?

Greg, that is a boffo deal. I agree... you could have bought two! But why get greedy.

I followed the link and I find something a bit puzzling. Check out the photo:
deltabandsaw.jpg

It has the motor placed below the body of the saw, just like on the closed-base models. However, it still has the "usual" large open stand. So there is room behind the saw to hold the motor, only it isn't there!

I wonder if this is a transitional model. They've moved the motor but are still using the same base. Perhaps they're going to make the stand smaller on future open stand models? Hmm.

Thanks, guys

Since the Amazon page did not say "more on the way"...I didn't take the last 2...just the last one! :D If more had been available, I might have ordered 3 and really made a few bucks.

Stu,

I'm checking into the converter thing... I thought of you, and the Phoenix, when I ordered! :rofl:

Art,

I too was a bit confused.
Here is a pic of one a guy bought in March 2006.
View attachment 6716

Here's the pic in the manual, dated 9/06...
View attachment 6718
(Note the manual is for both the closed and open base saws.)

And here's the pic at the Delta website.
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=919

So...I'm assuming it will have the smaller, square base, and Amazon's pic is just an old pic, maybe of the "transitional model".

It's gonna be a week before the saw arrives...it doesn't qualify for my Prime 2 day air shipping...:doh:

:rofl:

Last edited:
Nice score. I saw that last night as well.

For future reference, Amazon will match the price if it goes down within a certain amount of time. I think 30 days. They'll provide a refund in those situations. I've called them on this several times.

Thanks, Jesse

I thought I was in that position when I got my current Delta BS, a 12" BS220LS, on craigslist last year. It's just like new, and I only paid $175 for it. I have purchased a couple of blades from Highland. :doh:I figure I can sell it for what I've got into it and just about break even, cost wise, for a nicer 14".

The new saw gives me the ability to get a riser ($:eek:) for 12" cut capability, cast iron frame instead of steel and a 16" cast iron table instead of a 12" aluminum ribbed one. Also, the slot in the table is from the throat straight out, as opposed to the one I have now that is from the throat to the left...requiring you to remove the fence when you change blades...:doh:The new one also has a quick release blade tension bar, micro adjustable lower guides and a 1/4hp more power. A lot of differences for $40!:thumb:

I have both the 12" 1950's Craftsman & the 14" Grizzly G1019 w/riser. wouldn't trade either. I keep a 1/2" blade on the Griz & a 1/4" on the C-man. I use the 14" for re-saw & cutting bowl blanks & the C-man for general use curves, pens etc. Make a cross cut type sled for one or both saws is a real handy thing to have.

Greg That's a Great deal! I believe I paid $599 for that machine back during the Civil War. :rofl:

DT

Thanks again... I'm really excited because of the ability to add a 6" spacer and increase the re-saw capability, the cast iron table and ability to put a fence on it without having problems when changing blades.

The downside is the cost of the spacer kit...sheesh!:eek: (half the cost of the whole saw). I'll probably just get a 1/4" blade and make do till Amazon or other place has a sale on the kit. Then I'll get some 105" blades from Highland Woodworking.