I'm no Ned

and this is not of my shop, but it's right next to it and I didn't know where to really post this{yes I'm sure you know where to tell me to put it :rofl:}
anyways, as I walked past the wood pile to water the dirt behind the garage, a few pieces caught my eye...so, even with my lack of photography skills I still thought I'd share 'em....the fly was cool as I had in the last hour or so listened to America's Horse with no name...for those not familiar, there's a line in the lyrics that goes something like "I met a fly with a buzz" and it buzzed my ear just before landing where it did....the flecks/rays in the red oak are huge, not sure if that's because of the way they split or because the tree was so large & old...some kind of a spike or something vertically encased in one photo, and it didn't take long for the tenants to get settled in...enough rambling, the Mrs just hollered dinners ready...hope someone enjoys them.......later....

mini-pic1.jpg mini-pic2.jpg mini-pic3.jpg mini-pic4.jpgmini-pic5.jpg mini-pic6.jpg mini-pic7.jpg mini-pic8.jpgmini-pic9.jpg mini-pic10.jpg

Cool pics. :thumb:

I listened to that America album a lot was a teenager. I've driven on the Ventura Highway a number of times, but it wasn't until 8 or 9 years ago that I learned alligator lizards are a real thing. (They are all over our yard in LA, but you still won't find them in the air.)