What to make for Christmas Presents this year.......HELP!!!

Stuart Ablett

OK, I want to get a head start on Christmas presents for once, I'm looking for ideas.

They have to be small enough to ship internationally, but they don't have to be tiny, I don't want to put a ton of hours into them, as I'll be making at least a dozen, so if you have some ideas, please, share!

Darn, had a nice big list and lost it. Let's see, try again: salt/pepper mills, ornamental bird houses, cheese dishes with the glass dome, bowls, platters, bangles for the ladies (http://www.bangleguy.com/page/page/8464584.htm), cutting boards, wine racks, plate racks, Christmas tree ornaments, Cigar Box Guitars or Ukes, (not kidding I gave one as a gift at a Christmas party and everyone was fighting over it, they were all women too), like Allen said everyone loves pens, pretty boxes, ahhhh, okay, I've run down.

I'm thinking that trivets and / or cutting boards this year. Previous years have been boxes, picture frames, ornaments.

I discovered last year everyone loves a pen.
Yeah, well I've been to that well a few too many times.

If I'm on that list I would suggest Chess set's :D
Good thread as I need to get the gears going on this as well...are you leaning towards flatwork or spinny?
Either/both don't matter :D

Darn, had a nice big list and lost it. Let's see, try again: salt/pepper mills, ornamental bird houses, cheese dishes with the glass dome, bowls, platters, bangles for the ladies (http://www.bangleguy.com/page/page/8464584.htm), cutting boards, wine racks, plate racks, Christmas tree ornaments, Cigar Box Guitars or Ukes, (not kidding I gave one as a gift at a Christmas party and everyone was fighting over it, they were all women too), like Allen said everyone loves pens, pretty boxes, ahhhh, okay, I've run down.
Nice Paul, thanks!

I'm thinking that trivets and / or cutting boards this year. Previous years have been boxes, picture frames, ornaments.
Thanks Glenn

I'm planning to just print $20 bills and be done with it. :rofl:
I'd have to figure out which currency to print :huh:

heres an idea, how bout buying or making a template for snowman, xmas tree, use a bowl bit and carve out a nice candy tray out of an attractive piece of wood. Fill it up with some candy, handmade tray, something different.

Last edited: