The Friday Thread: What's Going On This Weekend?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
No real plans for me this weekend...haven't decided between a few things I need to do and a few things I want to do. Might go up to the mountains for yet another quick overnighter, or I might stay home to clean up my neglected apartment and learn a few new songs the band wants to add to the repertoire. The big project for this evening will be fabricating a shipping box for a guitar body that's headed back east for a paint job. ;)

So...what's on your plate for the weekend?

Well, this is an unusual weekend for me. I'm headed to an Antique Tractor and Farm Equipment show in a town about 80 miles away. it is a pretty big event and three of us street organ people have a setup to show off and play our organs. Should be a fun time. If the organs are a bust, it will still be fun, one of the events is a tractor pull. The men/women drive the big rigs with the big sled to pull and the little ones have a contest using riding lawn mowers to pull a smaller sled. I'm anxious to see how "souped up" some of these little mowers get.

Supposed to be pretty hot this weekend. My goal is to have the final coats of finish on the current piece by EOD Sunday.

Heading over to my SIL's tonight for food and drink. My BIL and nephew are out of town on a "guys" weekend so the wife, kid and I are gonna keep her company. Tomorrow I should have most of the day to myself so I will be in the shop...yeah right, I'll be on a ladder and on the stairs painting walls and trim all day. I've put it off for over a month, but we have guest here next weekend so it must get done this weekend. My legs are gonna hurt come Sunday morning and probably Monday too...

They came and did spray foam today on the roof so the rest of the weekend is going to be putting the roof back on.:thumb:

Drinking. Heavily. The shop just called, and what was going to be a single small repair, is now a laundry list of work that my truck needs. The ONE thing I cared about, was having it done today. Of course, now the parts won't be in till Monday. I fly back home tomorrow, and I can't have my baby till Monday night. So much for picking up all the shop equipment tomorrow ) =

Yeah, Werk Werk in the pipeline. Have to do some boat work, and I managed to talk Carol out of the overarm guard that Glen sold her, so I'm going to have to look at putting that together.