Cook Ken Chic ken

Fired up a couple of birds on our grill/smoker via the rotisserie...We like a little Cajan style seasoning rub shaken over a light
coat of olive oil, cooked over charcoal & mesquite scraps. I've found by putting the drip pan in the center and then staggering the lighting
of each side by about an hour, allows us to maintain{with-in reason} a nice slow-n-low temperature{225-250 degrees} and prolonged smoke
session lasting us about 4-5 hours. During the last hour or so I raise the charcoal tray up as close as I dare to the birds which brings the
internal temp up just right for finishing.

First bird was last nights dinner as was. Today I turned the other one into a sandwich salad. No recipe just seat of the pants whatever
strikes the moment...This one has red & green bell peppers, onion, garlic, a herb/salt mix{store bought}, black pepper and some paprika
to top it off. And some mayo to bind 'er all together...Deelish on lightly toasted sourdough bread or even just lumped upon some iceberg lettuce.

mini-pic 001.jpg mini-pic 002.jpg mini-pic 003.jpg mini-pic 004.jpgmini-pic 005.jpg mini-pic 006.jpg mini-pic 007.jpg

Looking good, Ken.
eating.gif

I read your subject line in this guy's voice:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/copy-machine/n10022/

Ken...Kenny...The Kenster...Kenarama...The Keninator...Makin' chic-ken. :cool:

How do you like Mesquite Ken? Some say it's really strong and can leave a bitter flavor.

If the fire's not burning hot enough, you'll get heavy white or black smoke with a lot of creosote in it. That can make things bitter. If the temp is right (thin, blue smoke), it doesn't leave any bitterness.

If the fire's not burning hot enough, you'll get heavy white or black smoke with a lot of creosote in it. That can make things bitter. If the temp is right (thin, blue smoke), it doesn't leave any bitterness.
Yup what Vaughn,White and black smoke my be ok when your electing a pope but not good for smoking meat. Blue smoke is you friend.

How do you like Mesquite Ken? Some say it's really strong and can leave a bitter flavor.

:dunno: we've always had good results just throwing some right on the charcoal at the first sign of the briquettes turning gray...never had any bitterness what so ever.
It's our favorite wood for smoking meats & poultry...luv us some apple with fish though. I'll have to pay more attention to the color of the smoke next go-round, you guys got my curiosity fired up now :rofl:

&, :rofl: Vaughn, that guy in the video could be my sister in laws sibling...she can drive ya nuts with that act :D