never thought in a million years this guy would visit me

and here is some of the best looking granite counter top i ever saw.. which chuck and kalea have in there kitchen...IMG_2213.jpgIMG_2214.jpg

we have seen allens smile before but here is one the biggest grins he has shown me:) i think it came from way down deep and made it all the more special:) thanks chuck and kalea for the restful night after the treacherous drive to allens:) but once at allens we felt very welcome and safe.. i had a wonderful time and some great Italian food..seeing some of allens work up close was a grand experience,, he is doing some fine work for sure and has alot of it in his own home.. the only thing i saw he needed was a statue of vaughn standing next to his guitar art on his wall:)
20130818_171058.jpg

Last edited:
well after having a large lunch at bob gibsons:) those wonderful orange fellers all strapped and ready for the appetite, to the homemade potato salad and all the fixuns at chucks along with a few cold ones and a nice chat about shop and other world problems,we had the energy to make the long trip to peters...20130821_132055.jpgIMG_2215.jpgIMG_2218.jpgIMG_2219.jpg

Looks like a great trip for everyone:thumb:...glad I have some meat to grill up when I get home too...those picks are making me hungry!

well we had a very tiring drive but we made the most of it and saw many interesting sites, here are a few pics of Blue nose that most dont get to see but we had someone with some pull to get in the darker reaches of the boat:)
IMG_2221.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2225.jpgIMG_2226.jpgIMG_2227.jpgIMG_2229.jpgIMG_2230.jpgIMG_2231.jpgIMG_2232.jpgIMG_2233.jpg

Great pictures Randi! Sure captures the moment. :thumb:
Next time you're here we'll see if we can head out to sea on her and watch them put her through her paces. There's nothing like tearing along heeled over 25 degrees with the salt spray coming aboard :D

Nice pics of the new Bluenose. Peter I notice that they have painted a load of the upper deck components white. Kinda spoils the look of a sailing schooner to me.

See these pics I took before the rebuild and compare sometimes it don't pay to mess with a good thing. The wood was a real attraction to me but I guess the old bean counters got in the way and said the wood was too much of an upkeep. I dunno but I prefer the wood and brass finish on a sail boat matter of tradition. I guess they did not want the crew polishing brass or something.

Last edited:
Nice pics of the new Bluenose. Peter I notice that they have painted a load of the upper deck components white. Kinda spoils the look of a sailing schooner to me.

See these pics I took before the rebuild and compare sometimes it don't pay to mess with a good thing. The wood was a real attraction to me but I guess the old bean counters got in the way and said the wood was too much of an upkeep. I dunno but I prefer the wood and brass finish on a sail boat matter of tradition. I guess they did not want the crew polishing brass or something.

I really don't know why they went with white on those deck structures Rob. But, I'll surely ask the question first chance I get. I agree the look of the traditional wood was beautiful, but I'm sure all the brass will be there when the fitting out is complete.
Bluenose carries a crew of about 20. The captain, officers and others are permanent, certified seafarers, while the remainder are seasonal deckhands, usually university students. I'm sure the standard rule applies: if you're not busy, polish something! Our older son looked into it a few years ago, but the end of the season conflicted with some academic commitments. It would've been a good gig.