Hamster House

Thank goodness my kids are well beyond that stage, and the grandkids. Pretty cute though. But there is not only the chewing there is the, ah, "waste" that has to be cleaned out also.

Not sure what I was thinking, but I had gotten a couple of hamsters in college. Well, they were not both girl hamsters, and eventually one thing followed another and I had a little tiny cage chock full of hamsters.

I went to my dads house, bought some hardware cloth and wood and went into the hamster cage making business and gave away a bunch of hamsters, one cage at a time.

Learned a very valuable lesson.

Not sure what I was thinking, but I had gotten a couple of hamsters in college. Well, they were not both girl hamsters, and eventually one thing followed another and I had a little tiny cage chock full of hamsters.

I went to my dads house, bought some hardware cloth and wood and went into the hamster cage making business and gave away a bunch of hamsters, one cage at a time.

Learned a very valuable lesson.

Phew...for a second there I was expecting another Dowell family smoker recipe :rofl:

Hey Dave, is that the Teddy from Vaughn's avitar---the Teddy that gets done in by the Kamakazi squirrel?

Our kids had hamsters when they were kids.

The door from next to the kitchen lead to the garage 2 steps down.
If a hamster got loose we didn't worry. Pretty soon he/she would show up in one of the milk bottles we kept by the garage step. The hamster would get nosy, stick its nose in the top of the slippery, glass, milk bottle and fall in.

Once in there was no way to climb up the glass walls to get out.

That was back in the days when we had milkmen who delivered milk, in glass bottles and picked up the empty bottles to be sterilized and refilled.

Enjoy,
JimB

My younger son had guinea pigs, a rabbit, and a rat. The passing of the guinea pigs and the rabbit were very traumatic and involved a lot of tears, but by the time the rat passed, he was used to it. The good thing was that after the rabbit died we didn't have another kid.

We got cages from friends and relatives.