There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home

Tom Baugues

So... I've not been on here much over the past couple months. Had some health issues.... that are all better now. Then I went out and bought myself my very first motorcycle. In my quest to learn how to ride and my need for "motorcycle information" I have been hanging out on a couple of "biker" forums. WOW, these are places that you really have to have thick skin or else they will chew you up and spit you out....then do very bad things to you. That's when they are in a good mood! Some days I cant read more than just a few posts before I have to shut it off and walk away. Not everyone was like that....but enough of them to make me really appreciate the "family" I have here. Tonight was the last straw as I realized I was not in Kansas anymore and needed to go home. Home where the conversations are friendly and help is handed out freely and willingly. This is a great forum. Great group of people here. It's good to be home.

Tom

The Cigar Box Guitar use to get a little seedy some times but haven't noticed it lately. Good to have you back, Tom.

Me and two other locals are gathering info and supplies to start Universals this fall.

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like

Oh, shut up Tom! :rolleyes:

:rofl: Sorry, couldn't resist :D I agree...things are a lot more civil here than a lot of other forums out there. Glad to hear the health issues have been ironed out. Be careful with the new bike. ;)

Welcome home Tom, can only agree with you on your comments. Only time I may go to another forum is if I am looking or specific info like car stuff. The car ones I go to the guys are not bad at all but the adverts drive me crazy. If the tone of the place and moderation is such that there is little effort to have civil discussion I don't bother with the place or the info it has available.

I usually feel pity for the trolls on websites or forums that find it necessary to attack other people, complete strangers because they don't agree with their assessment of something, or their ideas.
what kind of life can that person have if he feels power, or strong, by insulting a complete stranger. People have a lot of issues, a lot more than me.

on that note, I was once attacked on a car forum, not for being rude or anything else, only because I lacked knowledge.

good thing about here, nothing like that is tolerated.

Like Allen, I pity these folks. They think they can buy "cool" so, they go out and get a certain bike or a certain car. This falsely empowers them in their own minds so they talk trash online from the security of their homes. Truly pathetic and deserving of our sympathy. I prefer to hang out where I can be helpful to the same folks who will be helpful to me when I am being a dope :eek:.

Last edited: