FRIDAY!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Friday is not all that big of a deal to me, but... :) It is supposed to be my day off...yeah, right! :rolleyes: This week I took Tuesday off and got my new to me truck. So this Friday I work, but have an appointment at 8 AM to have the truck windows tinted. Work the rest of the weekend. In the bigger picture, it is time to start planning to move back to Arizona, probably within the next two months, three on the outside unless things blow completely up here. And since the rolling stock has grown to fleet proportions, that will take a bit of juggling.

Working on the electriks for the hair dryer pull-out, removing the old vanity in the master bedroom and patching the walls for my wife to paint. Also building drawers and drawer fronts for the bottom dresser unit. Sunday we're taking a ride with the top off and going to my nephew's bday party, probably some pool time this weekend too.

Have some good friends coming into town today for some Iowa Cubs baseball tonight and fun and relaxing the rest of the weekend. Will be a full house for us with 4 more bodies, but should be a great time. They leave on Sunday morning so will maybe get some shop time on Sunday, but it's gonna be in the mid 90s so I might be staying inside or finding a pool if there is one that hasn't closed already.

Start on a window seat for a friend tomorrow and Sunday is our monthly antique market at the fair grounds, so maybe get lucky and find another hand plane:)

Continue washing the outside of the house and the windows. Foolishly, I have vinyl siding put on my house many years ago! It collects dirt, cobwebs and fly specks. Have to wash it about twice a year and I mean not just hose it off, I have to scrub it. It was a lot easier when I painted about every six years. If I had the money, I take the vinyl off and put on something else. I do it myself this time. I know I could do better than the "professional" did. Sunday is my relax day, I will work in my shop on some ukuleles.

Getting my PC back from HP repair service, lightning storm took out me ethernet on the motherboard, so I will be setting it back up and testing it. Then Saturday will finish the jewelry box I'm making for my Granddaughters 18th birthday.

Finally getting to some woodworking instead of shop setup! Milled some cherry this morning to continue a small commission project. Our neighbor's church needs a plain wood book stand and matching candle holders, so she came to me for some ideas. Shouldn't have a problem getting them done. They don't need them until October!

Taking a lunch break now (Friday), so am catching up on NASCAR practice. More shop time this afternoon along with keeping up with the LLWS.

Saturday will be a little shop time, then maybe a nap before the Bristol night race!!!!! Some LLWS along the way, too.

Sunday? Not sure. There's no race, but we'll be watching the Little League World Series Championship game.

Today we head back home from vacation in Kennebunkport, ME. We really hate to leave as it's a beautiful, relaxing location & we've had perfect weather every day. Tomorrow we head out to Winnipesaukee Lake (Wolfeboro, NH - our favorite family getaway location) as that will be our daughter's last day with us before she heads back to Manhattan.

Starting out the weekend here tonight at 8:00:

Dragonhorn%2023%20August%202013%20Flyer.jpg

My fancy electronic synth guitar (the Variax) is in the shop, so I'll be bringing five others to take its place, including a new (to me) Fender Stratocaster. I'm looking forward to getting some of the toys out of the house and playing with them. :guitar:

The rest of the weekend will be catching up on stuff I've put off for the past three weekends. This is the first weekend in a month that I'm not going camping.

With all the smoke around here, I'm going to try and not to do too much outside, but I do have some work to do on the boat. will probably put the mast up and start trying to get it 'spifified'
Got some work work to do as well. Oh well.