Prayers desperately needed...

John Pollman

Hello all,
I need to ask all of you to please say a prayer for this beautiful little girl. Her name is Brook, and she is fighting Tay Sachs disease. (the same disease that I have been diagnosed with) She has been fighting the good fight, but she is starting to lose the battle and I'm afraid that her time is growing short. She is in a lot of pain and misery. She needs as many prayers as possible to get her through this and into peace.

Thank you for anything you can do!

Brook.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thank you for all the support. It looks like Brook is reaching the end stages of the disease. I just got a message from her mother and apparently her hospice workers are going to keep a close eye on her tonight. It looks like it could be any time now. I hate this evil disease and what it does. The children that it effects have barely had a chance to live. I don't want to see her go, but I also want her to be at peace and in comfort.

I'm dealing with it myself, but late onset is generally not fatal. It is wearing on me and beating me down. I get around with a cane most of the time now. There is a very good chance that I'll be confined to a wheel chair at some point, but nobody knows when. It could be a couple years, 5, 10, maybe not. I've just got to keep living for today and try to learn how to cope with it as best I can.

Thank you again for all your support. Please keep Brook in your thoughts.

I just thought I'd give you all an update.

Unfortunately the news isn't good. Brook is in the final stages of the disease and she doesn't have much time left. She's been seizing almost continually for the past few days and her hospice doctors say that her organs are shutting down. They started her on phenobarbital to sedate her and try to make her as comfortable as possible. This beautiful little angel has been through a LOT and her poor little body just can't take much more.

Her mother who has been able to work from home to care for Brook since diagnosis officially went on leave because she wants to spend as much time with her as possible until the end. Brook has a nine year old brother who loves her more than anything and he is taking it very hard. Please keep Kate, Brook, and Jake in your thoughts at this very difficult time.

I'll let you know when Brook earns her wings.

Thank you all for the support!

Brook1.jpg

Last edited: