Walnut Hutch

Hutches by Hutch! I like it.

That's a nice piece. I like how you carried the grain across the two drawers I can't see well enough to know for sure but it look like maybe you did the same on the door rails?

Hutch we may be joking around here but in my marketing mind there is a good line there.....

Handcrafted Hutches by Hutch the master craftsman.. made in Michigan USA

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

These guys with their catchy slogans apparently never heard of your previous - and failed - business endeavor. Remember back when you were making door mats? Matt's Mats seemed like such a good idea at the time. :rolleyes:

Oh, and awesome work on the hutch. Beautifully done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks all!

I wasn't able to carry the grain across the piece, both vertically and horizontally, due to some materials issues. I guess you can't win 'em all. :rolleyes: The finish is African limba glaze, followed by pine glaze, then precat sealer, and precat lacquer (Optilite). Due to the price point on this piece I couldn't A) not use some plywood and B) use a hand applied finish.

Matt's Mats was going great for a while: yoga mats, welcome mats, anti-solicitors mats, shiny mats, matte mats. But then I got sued by Dupont, and I decided to hang up my rubber shears for a hand plane. Hutch's Hutches could be a profitable new venture....as long as the rabbit breeding industry doesn't tank. ;)

- Hutch