Friday once again so what is up

my wifes away all weekend so I have a free weekend not like I don't have free weekends every weekend but this one is totally free.now just to figure out what to do chop wood or paint I go for a bike ride ...........

Family reunion at our farm this Sunday. Have to change a tire on the wagon and drive the team for a few hours Saturday in anticipation of Sunday. Move tables, chairs, grill and canopies. Monday, RELAX.

Hope you find it better out there Larry. More water, less congregation of deer so shouldn't have the die off you had last year.

Outdoor jobs tomorrow and Sunday. Move some fence lanes - want to use every bit of "free" grazing. Some quality time with the grass trimmer, mower and chainsaw. There are shrub beds and areas where I'm going to have to resort to violence, the result of several years of neglect. The good thing is, shrubbery and gardens are fairly forgiving.
For a change of pace, maybe throw in a truckload of firewood. It's not going to get any drier.
Sunday and Monday are looking like showers or rain, so a chance to apply some ideas Larry left with me for better shop set-up and effeciency.
Have some work stuff to keep an eye on too. Big changes are coming and time is speeding up in that department.
Otherwise, pretty quiet :D
Oh, and probably a beverage at the end of the day - the grey-bearded guy brought me some tasty, exotic stuff and there's still a few left!

Last edited:
No plans for the first time in a couple months...looking forward to it too!:D

To hot for shop time until monday when it will be about 25 degrees cooler than it will be today (102!!). Will probably finish up some paint touch ups in the entry/hallway and watch some football.

Worky work. Crunch time to get all ready for the new guy. Count down until the end of September. Do have to work on the trailer lights and the truck in preparation for the first trip with stuff back to Arizona on the 15th. Big order from e-trailer coming in to hook up safely and tow without terror.

Looks like I may be spending some time helping my neighbor repair some structural damage to the girder system in his garage. Apparently the supporting Lally column was "bumped" by someone years ago(??), and watched (???) to confirm that things are shifting. Shifting has reached the point where the column is now leaning critically, the girder is twisted badly as it moved with the column, and things have become scary. Why do people wait so long before acting to correct?????? This will most likely be a big, drawn out job as the jacking up/down will have to be done slowly to minimize cracking to the bedroom windows/walls/doors/etc. above.

Friday: Sanding and drilling two candle holders I'm making for a neighbor's church. Making a slip-on Formica top for my grilling table.

Saturday: More of the above, along with installing a pet door in our garage door so the cat can come and go when the door is all the way down.

Sunday: Read the newspaper, do brunch - the usual stuff. I'll do some preparation on four slabs of ribs, a Boston butt and pork chops so they'll be ready to put in my smoker Monday morning.

Monday: Fire up the smoker for the afore-mentioned yummies. Share the yummies with some neighbors. Good fellowship!

On the road. Helping son-in-law install etched glass windows in some high end homes in Oklahoma City. The hail storms and twisters keep his business jumping. Went to visit a Frank Loyd Wright style house under construction that will have some of his stained glass in it....no pictures, but what a beautiful place that will be.

Going to hit the range this evening with a nephew and test drive his new (to him) Kimber 1911. Saturday will be chores around the apartment and some quality time with the guitars to learn a few new parts. Sunday afternoon is a gig at O'Niell's Pub (on Juan Tabo from 4:30 to 7:30 if anyone's local and wants to come). Monday will likely be spent sitting around wondering what happened to the three day weekend. :D

Removing the old vanity and capping off plumbing. Will also get the electriks ran for the hair dryer pull-out. Patch up the walls and get it ready for my wife to paint. Sunday will work on the dresser again, hoping to get drawers and the drawer faces done. Probably will do some pool time this weekend and some BBQing, been a while since I've fully loaded the smoker for a day.

On call until Monday @ Noon so can't go far from home base.

Hope to re-turn some bowls that look dry enough.
Going to definitely smoke some hot peppers for storing (have the peppers, they just need smoking).
Might turn some of the spinning wheel orifice hooks I promised to make.. October is coming up fast!

Tonight its down to the park in Boise for the annual "balloons Aglow". Just finished 5 end grain cutting boards. They should be dry by tomorrow so I'll set things up for a photo shoot. After church on Sunday is my nap time. :D

Balloons from 2011
DSC_0088.jpg