Beers and Ales in USA

Yeah guys I also drank those water an alchol beers back in the day but age gets the better of one and nowadays i prefer something that is a little better since i dont drink that much anymore.

But i knew i would hit a nerve with you guys by hitting on bud. You will all defend the big corporate beer to the death.:rofl:

Not me. I aint a beer snob Bob will drink anything if its free. But when i am paying hey its different.

An American walks into a British style pub in Toronto. He says to the barman, "You got any American beers, here?"

The barman says, "No, sir, we only have British beers here."

The tourist says, "Well bring me the closest thing you got to an American beer."

So the barman brings him a glass of water.

An American walks into a British style pub in Toronto. He says to the barman, "You got any American beers, here?"

The barman says, "No, sir, we only have British beers here."

The tourist says, "Well bring me the closest thing you got to an American beer."

So the barman brings him a glass of water.

I was once sitting in a little pub in Montreal drinking a Molson, and a local guy sitting next to me was drinking a Bud. We both had a good laugh when I pointed out that we were both drinking import beers. It's all a matter of perspective. :D

I love trying new beers. I have an app on my iphone where you 'check in' to the different beers you tried. The last milestone I hit was 500 unique brews, and that was in about a year and a half. I was competing with a buddy of mine, and eventually when we realized I was trying to keep up with a guy with doctor money, I had to back off. It is a great thing to try out when I travel, though. Finding a brewpub and seeing what they have to offer is great. I joined a taproom club near my house, so when I'm in town I get some great brews there. The only real bad part to craft beers-is they cost so much!

I had to switch to bourbon to save a few bucks ( =

The only real bad part to craft beers-is they cost so much!

The solution is intuitive - make your own :D (or make friends with people who do..). Although I mostly make what I drink nowadays I don't drink as much of it either. I think its the difference between one really good and rich piece of cake and a whole lot of not so good cake. I'm satisfied after having a smaller slice.

I looked into it, at one point. I move around too often to make it happen. I could probably set one up, but when I travel somewhere new at least weekly-it just wouldn't allow the beer the proper time to do it's thing. I know a few people that make the beer, but for the most part-I tend to like professional efforts a lot more.

I had the chance to try Red Hook's ESB this summer.....darn tasty medium body brew. My tastes are a little conservative compared to what's out there.....I don't like extremely dark beers, and won't bother with most mass produced swill. I'm a fan of Brooklyn's Summer Ale, Magic Hat #9, Sacket Harbor's War of 1812 amble ale, Negra Modello, Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, Great Lakes Elliot Ness, and Sam Adam's Boston Ale...a little bolder than the Boston Lager. Our BJ's wholesale club carries a case of 28 12 oz bottles of Sam Adam's Boston Lager for $28....$1/bottle.