Nice lil schooling sight

I always like seeing how others do use various technics. He has simplified the procedure for me in a couple of ways.

I went looking for wire inlay and Don Eds who he uses also retired a few years back. Now I need to find the company who bought him out.

Thanks Dave, marked for more thorough reading later.

I do need some silver as well for another project (not inlay more like thin plate or thick foil) so if you find a good place to get it I'd sure like know (I expect the same place would likely have both). I also need some cow horns; but I think I've found a place for those...

Its all above my skill set as well - but I've certainly never let that stop me before so onward into the breach (or onto the breach..)! From my way of thinking you don't usually know what you can't do until you've failed at it and then you've hopefully figured out at least some of what you did wrong the first time so you'll hopefully do something else wrong the next time and so on. The downside to this way of thinking is that you build up a powerful backlog of things you ought to try to do just to see if they can be done.

I did the try it way for years and still do but I do my reserch 1st. There is very little I have not done when it cpmes to finishing.

Silver leaf is easy to get.

Thanks Dave, marked for more thorough reading later.

I do need some silver as well for another project (not inlay more like thin plate or thick foil) so if you find a good place to get it I'd sure like know (I expect the same place would likely have both). I also need some cow horns; but I think I've found a place for those...

Its all above my skill set as well - but I've certainly never let that stop me before so onward into the breach (or onto the breach..)! From my way of thinking you don't usually know what you can't do until you've failed at it and then you've hopefully figured out at least some of what you did wrong the first time so you'll hopefully do something else wrong the next time and so on. The downside to this way of thinking is that you build up a powerful backlog of things you ought to try to do just to see if they can be done.

I have always learned best my my mistakes.
My 1st painting class 101 the instructor , who became my great friend and mentor , said : we learn by our mistakes. So when I started painting this still life I was going gang busters. Alan said to me; Dave slow down you'll make to many mistakes ! I replied ; Mr. Marsh, I way behind here because of my time in the service and I need to learn fast. You said we learn by our mistakes and I want to learn as much as I can.
God I miss Alan. He was a super dear friend.