Did something I have been putting off

Charles Hans

Well today I finally started to get the inventory for the shop started. I got a program from the apple store that is pretty detailed. This is turning out to be a bigger job than I thought it would be though. I spent about half a day down there gathering information such as model, serial numbers. and taking pictures of things, The deeper I dig the more I am finding. I am beginning to realize that I am a hoarder of tools, and small things that fill drawers, and shelves that I had forgotten about, or just misplaced. Has any one else tackled this in your shop? I have been meaning to do this for a long time and I have been putting it off. Oh and Yes I have found a LOT of dust :rofl:.

We did a quick one a few weeks back and I kept having those "on yeah and this as well" moments. Definitely worth doing cause of you don't there ain't no way you'll ever remember what all you have. I need to go do a more complete job one of these days.

Good for you Charles. I am wayyy overdue for an updated effort. I take pics with the camera and then scan receipts, etc. and put all the files together on the camera memory stick and store a copy in the fireproof box and one offsite.

Good idea and reminder. I had started to do this with a web app, but then had to change web hosting accounts, so didn't get it set back up on the new server. So what's the name of the app you found?

Are you inventorying the dust by weight or volume? :rofl:

This is something we planned to do while moving, but may be pushed down back to two weeks after move. Not just the shop, but the whole house. Oh dear, I also do miniature war games and have a lot of data entry in front of me.