Organ Cart

Well I have been wanting to do this project for a long time and seeing as how the problem I was having with Topsy is figured out (I hope) and will be back together soon I figured it was time to get started. So here is the progress so far.

Panels processed and ready for assembly.100_1982.jpg

These are the wheels and a mock up for cart 100_1983.jpg 100_1984.jpg

This is showing the axle after it out. I think its going to look pretty good. 100_1985.jpg

Have a ways to go yet but I'm get-n there. Still have to build a drawer and figure out my handle.

I bought the wheels from an Amish wheelwright and the wood part is just plane JUNK I hope to build my own at some point. I know I can do a better job than that and I have no idea what I'm doing. :rofl:

Update

Well I got a little more done on the cart this last week

Here are the parts for the drawer I used a drawer lock miter to assemble it.
100_1986.jpg100_1987.jpg

Here is the cart body stained and 3 coats of poly along with the drawer

100_2000.jpg100_2001.jpg

Just need to finish the handles and then go to work on the wheels. The wheels are going to take a lot of work before I will be happy with them and will end up being painted do to the Amish crappy work.:mad::pullhair:

Looking real good Jay the wheels sure dont look crappy to me in the picture. I think its a nice touch having the contrasting wood color for the cart. Surprising Amish did a poor job their work is usually better than most. Love the box and the axle bracket is really cool. I learnt something from that. :thumb:

:rofl: Well the problem Larry, is the Organ (Topsy) is taking up all the bench space until I get it all back together I have parts and pipes and electronics piled everywhere:doh: Still cant believe it will all fit in that case and I'm the one that tore it apart.