Dust Deputy in progress: It WOrks! including Proof!

Ned Bulken

null_zps816554b4.jpg

picked up a 5 gallon pail and lid... will cut the hole for the Deputy in a bit (have to clear out more space in the shop first)

I'm waiting on another hose for the project as well, so It may not get done tonight,

Last edited:
...will cut the hole for the Deputy in a bit (have to clear out more space in the shop first)...

How much room do you need to cut a hole with a utility knife? That spot where the bucket is sitting is plenty of room. :D

You're going to enjoy having the Dust Deputy. :thumb:

View attachment 78351

Premium black goo... Think ill need to cut a backer for it?

Ned

Ned, I'm with you on doing a neat job on this and that includes:

1. Cutting a hole to the same or larger diameter as the hole in the base of the DD
  2. Using using a backer bolted to the base of the DD.
  3. Building a 5-caster dolly to set the DD on. You'll really appreciate this!

Attachments

• P5040010.jpg
    P5040010.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 57
Ned, I'm with you on doing a neat job on this and that includes:

1. Cutting a hole to the same or larger diameter as the hole in the base of the DD
  2. Using using a backer bolted to the base of the DD.
  3. Building a 5-caster dolly to set the DD on. You'll really appreciate this!
I got as close as I could on the hole (a little ragged, but hey, it will let the dust through...
a backer board will be in the works, I'll need to let the goo set up before I cut that. MDF ought to work nicely, no?

and as for the caster... um... nope. this will be piggy backed on my DC which has a 'short' bag and nice handling characteristics. Design to follow,

I sure hope that I will like having it. I've wanted either a Deputy, or to build a drop box for awhile now. I'm running out of floor space in a hurry though. I still have my old blue Jet DC, and I'm seriously considering turning that into an air clearner. I can't sell it (been trying awhile on here, no takers... and I'm too busy to deal with the CL crowd), and I'm tired of tripping over it. Pardon the run on paragraph, (my laptop at work doesn't do carriage returns for who knows what reason...) I think I'm going to tear the old DC apart, use the impeller to pull air through a box with furnace filters on it. Of course I have an old furnace squirrel cage that I've been meaning to do the same thing to for awhile now... so don't hold your breath that I'll actually get around tuit anytime soon.

Dust Deputy in progress

[video]http://s975.photobucket.com/user/OTLphoto/media/F79F1AE2-2EF8-467E-B84A-B8B49BA5EE87-5752-0000045D9CBC6383_zpsc79154c0.mp4.html[/video]

[video]http://s975.photobucket.com/user/OTLphoto/media/F3233117-E59C-4DC8-9D01-702EF348A3CE-5752-0000045FB7187BE2_zps3a05bcd0.mp4.html[/video]

Ned

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I did a bunch more rip cuts before I had to go to work yesterday. One thing I'm sure of is that I really need to get a better 'home 'for my DC, and the DD. This may involve removing a lumber rack from the wall which is fine, as I'm also thinking of that ship's ladder I mentioned in the design section.