It's official. My work here is done.

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Congregation voted today for a new pastor. My last Sunday is Sept. 29. We have worked toward to this goal for 2 years. I am looking forward to some time off. Hopefully 2 months. So far, the best part of Nevada was visiting the Dowells. The rest has been hard work. Headed to Arizona - someplace...

@ Jim & Larry. My purpose for coming here was to help the congregation find its next pastor. That's what I do. It isn't that I wanted to leave. It's that I am done here. It isn't that they want me to go, but that they have little choice. They did their job. I did mine. It is time to move on. As for Arizona, frankly there are places I'd rather go but this is where headquarters are. I could ask to change areas but I probably won't. I like the bishop. He is fair and compassionate. Many are not. Better what you know than what you don't.

Last time I asked for 4-6 weeks off and I got 2 days. We will see what happens this time. I have a meeting with the bishop next week. In any event, I will be moving in early October, just as soon as I find a place to go!

This has been a year of visitors for us, and I can tell you that having you visit us was definitely something we consider very special.

It sounds like you've done your job, and have done it well and have helped a lot of people. What's nice is that you now are going to get another opportunity to do the same.

That sounds like success to me!

Congratulations!

She's like the Lone Ranger of churches . . .

Our episode tonight opens on a small desert church that has seen better days . . . their hope nearly gone.

But wait!

Off in the distance . . .

Can it be?

That reverberating rumble, that trundling roar . . . Coming over the hill . .

It’s Kemosahbee Carol in the Putter Palace to the rescue! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Carol, I understand that moving around comes with the job. My grandfather was a Nazarene minister and so my grandparents moved many times though out their years of service.
Hope you get some time to rest and rejuvenate. Your new home is already waiting on you....you just don't know where it is yet!

So glad you got to come see us twice while you were in NV :thumb::thumb:

I guess we get to participate a little bit in your send-off during your last weekend there. What an honor.

I'm sure no one there will ever forget you. And your future flock doesn't even know how special your time there will be. I hope you get your time off...now's a beautiful time of the year to rest and reflect.

Good luck in your new adventure and we'll see you soon :wave:

Ok...I got it now. So if a church is in need of a temp pastor, that's where you come in! That could be kinda fun! The moving part may not be all it's cracked up to be, but you have some cool wheels!
As a comparison. our Worship Arts pastor just celebrated 45 years at the church...that is a long time in the same spot!!

Several others above have summed up my thoughts, so I'll just say well done, and here's to the next adventure! :beer: