some acrylic pens

allen levine

I have a lot of free time right now and a lot of pen kits.
Want to take a bunch down to florida with me next month when I visit my sisters and brother.

I like the acrylic look. Purchased a bunch from woodturningz, great price, never had a problem with any orders from them.

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    100_1506.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Great looking batch of pens Allen!!!!!!!!! Did you wet sand them? What kit is that? Oh, and Woodturningz has been so great to my students with their pricing, shipping and quick turn around times. Good job my friend.

Good looking stuff Allen! How did you treat the tubes? There have been dozens of quality issues with Woodturningz kits over the last several years...just keep an eye out.

Great looking batch of pens Allen!!!!!!!!! Did you wet sand them? What kit is that? Oh, and Woodturningz has been so great to my students with their pricing, shipping and quick turn around times. Good job my friend.

these are magnetic vortex rollerballs and presimo rollerballs.
They were wet sanded with micromesh pads all the way up.

I had to dispose of my plastic polish(I left it out in the sun for a week), so I used hut wax and I was happy with the results.

(Jon, its the exact way you showed me at larrys gathering)

Good looking stuff Allen! How did you treat the tubes? There have been dozens of quality issues with Woodturningz kits over the last several years...just keep an eye out.

didn't treat the tubes, just scuff sanded them.
I haven't had an issue with anything I ordered from them, Im on my second or third order.

these are magnetic vortex rollerballs and presimo rollerballs.
They were wet sanded with micromesh pads all the way up.

I had to dispose of my plastic polish(I left it out in the sun for a week), so I used hut wax and I was happy with the results.

(Jon, its the exact way you showed me at larry's gathering)

Allen, they look great. Glad to be just a little part of your success with turning pens. Through the school shop and when I was trying to sell pens for added income, I have literally purchased thousands of pens from Woodturningz. If I had a problem it was handled quickly and efficiently. They have truly been superb for my students.

Jim, sorry to hear that you have had quality issues with Woodturningz. I thankfully haven't had this situation.

Great batch of pens, Allen. The turquoise one is my favorite if the bunch, but I wouldn't kick any of them off my desk. ;) :thumb: