Where Did the Editing Controls Go?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed today that the toolbar in the WYSIWYG editor is missing. I've also noticed that keyboard commands like + I and + B no longer work as they are supposed to. I'm seeing this in both IE and Chrome, and it has persisted even after a reboot. I've also confirmed that I'm using the "Advanced Interface"...seeing the same using the "Standard Editor" as well. Anybody else seeing the same behavior?

Yep, They appear to be missing all of a sudden. I don't think anyone has bee doing any updates or anything lately, so that is certainly odd.doing some research.

I did a little poking around looking in the Admin CP, but didn't see anything offhand.I also see a spinning whirlygig just to the right of the Quick Reply label that makes me think it's looking for the content to display, but can't find it. (Still doesn't explain why the keyboard controls like + I don't work.)
Missing%20Edit%20Controls.jpg

Edit Post is also broken. Plus, objects in angle brackets are invisible. Ctrl + I and Ctrl + B are what I was trying to say above, but the "Ctrl" part was in angle brackets. Very strange.

Inserting an image is also gone (wityh the missing toolbar). The only way I was able to insert the screen shot above was to use

Probably a terminology issue.

What we were talking about were the editing controls. All of those little buttons above where you edit the message in the editor. Things like inserting images, font size, smilies, etc...

I see there are some other buttons missing. along the button bar. We are looking at those as well.

editingcontrols.jpg

Firefox seems okay - i'm not seeing any javascript errors. The behavior vaughn describes sounds very much like an editor would act if there were javascript errors. Keyboard shortcuts work for me, too.