Two of my favorites

Jim Burr

Have a fare amount of pulled pork leftover and Stacey has been dropping hints about pizza the last few days. Due to old torn up hands...kneeding dough is out and the Kitchen Aid takes a lot of time. We have a monster of a food processor from Cuisinart and it makes great dough in about 45 seconds. Enough for 2 12" pizzas or 4 calzones. Little mozzarella, provolone and pepperoni to top off the pulled pork and whammo! And yes Vaughn...I still suck at making round pizza!!:rofl:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378998045640.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378998045640.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Sounds good Jim. The Pizza Huts around here do a BBQ pizza, I've not found it in many other towns, but they do mix in some bbq sauce with the pizza sauce to give it that bbq zing. Have made my own versions, love cooking the pizzas on the grill though. :thumb:

Grilled pizza is definitely the way to go, it's the only way I prepare it. I do prefer a 'less than round' setup like yours, though. It just feels less like it's right out of a box.

Our personal favorite one, is a cheese base, then grilled summer sausage with red onions and a honey mustard glaze. After grilling, top it with a sweet and sour cole slaw right before you cut it. I do really like the double proteins on this one, pulled pork AND pepperoni? I'm in.

...And yes Vaughn...I still suck at making round pizza!!:rofl:

zipped-lip.jpg

:D

I'm working on a different bbq sauce this weekend and have one more ball of dough left so it will get the full bbq treatment! Square though...easier to get on and off the grill...for me anyway.

I love making grill pizza, but cheat and buy the dough from the local pizza shop for $3 per ball. Don't you have to let it rise or something when you make your own?