Shop made fret wire bender :D

Jason Beam

Since i plan to get into guitar building pretty heavily, I decided that I needed a fret wire bender ... so i built one!

This was fun to make - i love machining brass! :D

Very nice! Do you have a jig in mind for making dovetail joints for the neck/body joint? I purchased the plan for building such a jig from "Luthiers Mercantile International", but it is way to complicated for CBGs. I'm hoping that after I study it more I can just use parts of it.

Man, nice job! Should make the job go a little smoother. So are you building guitars for yourself? What styles are on the list?

Thank ya! :)

The first few will be for me for sure - I suspect since I enjoy it so much that I'll probably get into selling 'em, eventually. Styles ... well I haven't really decided yet. Though I really liked how Brent's Gretsch sounded and might wanna make me a clone of that. I'd also like a Les Paul style body and maybe some other unique solids. The list is undefined and all-inclusive at this point :p

Very nice! Do you have a jig in mind for making dovetail joints for the neck/body joint? I purchased the plan for building such a jig from "Luthiers Mercantile International", but it is way to complicated for CBGs. I'm hoping that after I study it more I can just use parts of it.

I haven't yet. But this just got me started thinking about it. I'll have to see the LMII one and give it some thought. It seems like a simple pattern or two should work pretty well...