CJ's pony Ricky

Sunday CJ and I got some time to get his pony, cart and harness out and put it to good use. Lou Ann was with us for a few rides, but she is the person behind the camera, actually my phone so she can send them to Fina who then emails them back to me! :eek::huh::doh:

So here we are driving in the little cart called a "Town and Country" cart. CJ is 6 years old, Ricky is probably going on mid 20's. Sweetest dispositioned pony ever been on our farm for little kids.
mail-3.jpeg

After the pony is done working our work begins. Showing CJ how to brush his pony in the direction the hair lays.
mail-1.jpeg

The boy is a quick learner!
mail.jpeg

CJ has always enjoyed leading Ricky so here he is taking Ricky to some good grass for a reward.
mail-2.jpeg

Attachments

• mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 38
  • mail-3.jpeg
    mail-3.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 37
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 28
  • mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Great! I know it is a lot of hard work, but you have the good life. I envy you. I had somewhat similar raising my kids but on a much smaller scale.

Days like Sunday make it ALL WORTHWHILE! No complaints, we bought a Wii and Tess and Eric showed CJ how to play Mario Cart on it and since then he has become a Mario Cart freak. He will stand and play it all day. He drives standing up so he can physically jump when his car jumps. Anyway, he said Ricky was more fun than Mario Cart!!!

That is fantatsic Jon. You have a great family.

Thans Bob, I agree. But then I am a little biased!

Looks like there is plenty of room for a FWW meet & greet hoe-down, and with shuttle service to boot :thumb: :D
I agree with Paul, definitely the good life!!!

Well if it happens (people want to come) there will be some fishing, can shoot bows, crossbows, guns and can get the ponies out. Guess I'll have to get the team hooked to the wagon we used for Fina's wedding and show how we move people around the farm.

CJ is one lucky boy Jon, what a great life. :thumb:

The youngest granddaughter is wild about the animals. She will sneak into the back porch (she is 18 months I think) and lay on the dog bed with the mini jack russell and belly laugh as Squirt licks her.

Very cool, Jon. Those are special times CJ will remember forever. :thumb: Reminds me of myself and Sugarfoot, and miniature horse my dad managed to borrow for a year or so when I was about CJ's age. We had just gotten our first horse, and I was itching to "break a horse" so Dad found a yearling filly in my size that was barely halter broke. Unlike Ricky, she was a mean little wench. She was saddle broke by the time we gave her back to the owner, though.

Very cool, Jon. Those are special times CJ will remember forever. :thumb: Reminds me of myself and Sugarfoot, and miniature horse my dad managed to borrow for a year or so when I was about CJ's age. We had just gotten our first horse, and I was itching to "break a horse" so Dad found a yearling filly in my size that was barely halter broke. Unlike Ricky, she was a mean little wench. She was saddle broke by the time we gave her back to the owner, though.

I knew deep down you were a cowboy! Yeah, I hope I am one of those grandpa's that positively influence their grandchildren.

Very cool Johnathan very cool. :thumb:

It'll be real cool when he learns to drive so I can shoot from the wagon!!!

/?glad you had a good wknd jon,, did you eat well? and did i hear yu say tess is gonna have a little one soon?

It was an excellent weekend. Yes, angel food cake without icing, meatloaf, green fried tomatoes, corn on the cob yes we ate well. Nope, not Tess, Fina. Josh said he would fill the backyard with girls until they got a boy. The docs claim this is a boy so tomorrow morning we get the kids at 4:30 am as they are inducing her at 5:30 am.

Looks like a good time. Nice to have a sweet dispositioned horse like that around for the kids. That's a real nice little cart to. Looks like your getting a good start on learning the you one as well :)