Glenn visit, Sheet goods storage, Custom frame

Glenn was down Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Along with the guy equivalent of the giggles and a couple dozen other things, we updated my sheet goods storage.
We made a raised (1 1/2”) platform with a Pergo floor for full length sheets. The first time Glenn shoved in a piece of 3/4” 4x8 ply, he almost shot it out the far end of the storage area. I was amazed at how well the ply slid on the surface. I planned on waxing the Pergo, however since I am senile I forgot to. It is probably a good thing I forgot. Otherwise he may have shot that sheet of ply clear out of the shop and down the canyon. (Junior, I have told you ten million times, “Don’t exaggerate.”)

Sheet store 1st Pergo 1.jpg

The “wall” of the storage area on the right is sloping inwards a few degrees. It has “less than full size” sheet goods on it. 8’ narrow sheets of ply, etc. fit in on the bottom right of the updated area, under the slope of the wall where height is a problem. See the Pic.

Sheet Store Long Narrow.jpg

Seriously, the 4 x 8 ply and 3/4” MDF slid very easily over the Pergo. Little ole me could not even drag a full sheet of ply or MDF out when it was on the cement floor. Pics attached.

Myrna’s (wife) desk backs up to a peninsula projecting out of the kitchen. Glenn made her a picture frame just to fit the difference in elevation of the desk and the peninsula. Pic of her opening the package and pic of Glenn and MIL (Jan) watching the action. there is also a pic of the frame in location and a close up of one end of the frame.

M unwrap Dsk Frm.jpg
Jan n glenn 9-22-13 1.jpgDsk Pic Frame Overall.jpg
Every time Glenn comes down I make him work hard. While he is sweating, I am laid back drinking iced tea. I mean, why not? I used to be a big guy until I got all worn out raising him and his brother (Greg). So now I raise a sweat lifting my glass of iced tea.

Enjoy,
JimB (The sane member of the Bradley tribe)

Attachments

• Dsk Pic Frame CU End.jpg
    Dsk Pic Frame CU End.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Sheet store From e to W.jpg
    Sheet store From e to W.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 41
Dad posted such a horrible picture of mom I feel I have to jump to her defense. She really isn't a scowly old bird :D.

Capture.JPG

Here she is showing off a 3-D sonogram picture of her soon-to-be great-grand-daughter. My crafty daughter made the frame.

Last edited:
That's a great idea using the pergo :thumb: and add another :thumb: on the picture frame!
Jim, you do allow Glenn a break now & then don't you? I'm thinking that, surely, you work him longer than 1 glass of tea, so he would need time out to freshen up your glass :thumb:
I bet it is a hoot when you two get together! :D

Very cool family get together......you two are very lucky to be able to spend this time together...very cool.
I will have to look up Pergo..no idea but it looks like a piece of floor laminate.
Glenn i really like your picture frame. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2