It's Friday! - 9/27/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
This year is flying by, almost October. Today my wife and I celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately she had some projects to get out at work today, so won't be much celebrating. Going to head down to the Cheesecake Factory after work, maybe catch a show. We typically head out of town for the weekend, but since we're not , we may hit up some of the local fall festivals this weekend we never have gotten to go to. Hopefully my flooring will be in today and I can go pick it up, but have a new chair to pickup for my wife anyway.

What's everyone else got going?

Congratulations to you and your better half, Darren!

I'm putting some wipe-on poly on the book stand and candle holders I made for a neighbor's church - two coats this morning. Also making an extension table to go between the Incra rails on the right side of my table saw.

Saturday will be a little shop time and as much outside time as possible, since we finally have some Fall weather! Yay!!!

Sunday should be truly a day of rest - brunch, newspaper, race, etc..........

Congrats, Darren. :congrats:

Nothing real major planned for the weekend. I have my choice of two or three friends' bands that are playing tonight, so I'll probably be out carousing for a while. Planning to hit the thrift stores tomorrow to find the pieces to a costume I have in mind for a Halloween/Dio de las Muertas gig we are playing November 1. (Taking a female friend with me, so it won't look QUITE so weird that I'm shopping for a long black dress that fits me.) :rofl: I had hoped to head up to the mountains an hour or two away from here for a quick overnight camping trip, but it looks like the weather might not cooperate. Still might go up there for a day trip to check out some hot springs I've heard about, though. Sunday will likely be sitting around the apartment wondering where the weekend went. :rolleyes:

I have a very sad funeral visitation to go to tonight, for a woman who was the daughter of a friend of mine, who is now bereft of her only daughter and grandchild. Her name is Lorene, please mention her in your prayers. God will know who you mean.

I'm hoping to do some more work on my grandson's cradle today and tomorrow. My wife is helping to organize our church's annual Caribbean dinner, so I'll probably have to run some errands, but the food will be amazing! I should be able to have all the parts cut out and at least partially assembled, if the weather and my back hold out.

And congratulatulations, Darren and Mrs. Darren. I've got my 36th coming up on Oct. 1. Best wishes for many more happy anniversaries.

Congrats to you both Darren!

Tonight we are taking my niece and nephew out for ice cream and some park time with our daughter and then some pizza and beer with my sister and BIL when we take the kids home. Tomorrow my dad is coming over to install the new pulley set on the lathe. He was showing me how to loosen up a stuck reeves drive last weekend with a scewdriver and said, "What you don't want to do is pry to hard, Oops!!" Well he said something completly different actually, but you get the drift. :rolleyes: Cast aluminum isn't very strong. I hope to turn the rest of the weekend when I can as I have a show coming up on Oct. 14th and need to get cracking on finishing up some new bowls.

My wife and I just celebrated our 14th anniversay on Wed.:) by taking her car to the shop for $1200 worht of repairs! :doh: :(

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Darren! Lawn mowing and gardening this weekend. Working on the plans for a new shop. Hope to get the foundation in before winter hits.

All these anniversaries this week. Congrats :thumb:

Thoughts and prayers for your friends daughter Roger.

No work this weekend :woot:
Saturday we hare hosting our oldest daughters 40th birthday. All the family will be here. The wife and I are in the Guinness book of records. We are both only 39 years old:):rofl:
Sunday after Church we are heading out to another daughters house and going to the Deerfield Fair. My back is really hurting lately so I won't do a heck of a lot of walking but I love the Woodmiser demos and the loggers challenges.

I'm working on a display box for pens. I need something nice to show them off when I make sales calls. I should be able to get some work done on it Sunday night.

Day started with more stowing work in the Putter Palace. Then Brent and Sharon showed up. Had a grand time with them. We tried out Jim's Rub on a pork butt in the smoker along with some smoked shrimp boats, a few beers, ya know, having a family fun time for the rest of the day. Tomorrow is finish the Putter Palace. Sunday is the last service and coming back to hook up vehicles to trailers. Early Monday morning head to Arizona. If I get there early enough, I'll race to see Mom, but there has been no change in her condition at last report. Busy weekend.

Congrats Darren! Had a great time with carol.

The putter palace must be seen to be believed!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Weekend started with fixing and cleaning our electric stove. My major car overhaul project is now done. and I can get back to playing in my shop.....finally.

Going out for dinner with friends tonight at a Argentinian Restaurant where they have the meat on rotisserie and come around and cut it off the skewer for you. Some crazy number of different meats. Tomorrow I will be aching like crazy but its a birthday bash so what to do.

Going to try make headway on my shelving for the rest of the time.

Congrats on your Anniversary Darren and Mrs Darren. Have a good time celebrating.:thumb:

Friday: CNC day. Made a test piece for the sign guy. Three layer sign.

Saturday: Sweeper for 8 other bikes to the Brighton Applefest. Short ride, only 320km. Nice route back alongside Lake Ontario.

Sunday: the usual making square things round. :)

Argentinian Restaurant

Which one? We CNC'd some fancy-dance serving trays for that style of restaurant in Richmond Hill. :)