Carols Smoker

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Got some smoke running on half a butt. Using some of Jims rub he sent Carol. Looking good!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380321386911.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380321386911.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 47
Winds were way to high to take the boat down, so we just drove down and spent a couple days in vegas.

Spent the day with Carol enjoying some fellowship.

Did a quick smoke on the pork with jims rub and it came out juicy and shredded. Tossed some shrimp boat on too and they came out very good as well.

Just put some hickry chips in the pan and got a little fire going which seemed to provide enough smoke.

Temps were about 275 for 5hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380337395066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380337395066.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380337469605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380337469605.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 35
Get the mini peppers - all colors. Slice in half from top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds - unless you like surprises. Fill with cream cheese. Press in a shrimp. Wrap in bacon. Smoke until the bacon is crispy. Caution: They are addictive.

Glad that rub turned out! Those things are so subjective, always good to have 8 or 10 around. What kind of rack is that and were might a fella pick one up Brent?

They are the Bradleys, Jim. I used a little 'mini bolt cutter' to trim off the wings and they fit just fine.

Cool visit and food but I am hoping you still going to make it to the lake after all the effort you put in the boat. :(

Hopefully, within a few weeks, we'll be able to take the boat up to Pyramid lake. It was a ton of work to get it ready, but there were very high wind warnings out for both the days we were traveling and planning on being on the lake.

Discretion won out and we decided that at least the boat is ready, and we can use it now anytime, and maybe take a trip to Mead next year.

The lake is down so far from when we used to go there that a few marinas, and the bays they were in, have literally disappeared. Well, not completely. You can see where they used to be but the boat ramps are so far out of the water it's not even funny.

Company was the best. Food the second (although it may have been a pretty good rival). Safe trip home was the third. While we fell short of the lake vacation...it wouldn't have been fun fighting 25-40+ mile and hour winds. Great sailing, but not so much, trying to relax afterwards on the beach (not to mention the 500 mile trip down there battling what would have been side-winds all the way).

So, we sill had a good time doing a few days in Vegas and the highlight of family happenings somewhere else in NV. Back to the quiets of the ranch, now. :wave: :wave:

Yeah winds like that you have to be in wild mode and be ready to go for it. But towing in it.....forget even with Bubba.
Well hope you guys get to go over the hill to the other lake. :) We want pics when u do just to dream.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2