TS Safety Switch

Won't win any beauty prizes that's for sure, but should serve it's purpose. :)
Took some scraps of pine and a length of re-purposed {frugal ;) } dowel, a drill bit and cotter pin, some chain, a eye screw & S-hooks, a dab or two of glue and Waa-Laa...
Might be hard to tell from the size of the photos, but the 'pedal'{dowel} only raises off the floor about the same distance as between the on & off throw of the switch itself.
You may be able to see the chain slack between the two verticle photo's. That seems to be the only important part of measuring{the chain}, as you wanna make sure that
in the 'off' position the pedal support pieces actually bottom out on the floor, to avoid any unnecessary stress on the switch when stepping on it.
mini-pic 001.jpg mini-pic 002.jpg mini-pic 003.jpg
mini-pic 004.jpg mini-pic 005.jpg

While your here :D ....any thoughts as to how or what I could do to keep the power cord down inside the floor's expansion joint? I originally intended on making some sort of
threshold to avoid the tripping hazard, but now I'm curious if maybe a dollop of silicone here & there would work or what other options you folks might care to share.
mini-pic 006.jpg mini-pic 007.jpg

That's pretty slick, Ken. :thumb: It looks like you're pretty confident the bench to the left of the saw will remain there, huh?

I think your idea of dollop of silicone here and there would be workable for the the cord in the expansion joint. :yes: